Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 52 Posts

·
Registered
116 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
The reason I ask this question is because I have an '06 lbz but I rarely drive it. I purchased it on Feb of '06 and I only have 13,000 miles in it. I'd say that a little more than half of that has been towing a 6000+ Mastercraft boat and I have been pleased with it's performance. I was just wondering if the folks with higher mileage have been pleased with the truck?

·
Registered
710 Posts
I've got 36K and 2 years on mine now with a Hypertec set on level 3 for the entire time. No problems what so ever.

·
Registered
245 Posts
I'm a ford guy and I like the truck. We had two LBZ's at my old work. One was one ton dump with a smaller box that we chiped, and put on intake and exhaust. It ran unreal, talk about a sleeper. There's nothing better than beating someone in a dump truck. It also pulled its fair share and never had any problems. On the other hand the one I bought i'm having problems with and it gets babied quite a bit.

·
Registered
360 Posts
I was diehard Ford till I purchased mine in Feb '07. So far it has 31K on it and it just gets better and better.

·
Registered
354 Posts
My 06 lbz has 110k on it and according to the vin check was only at the dealer at 20k miles for a recall about the glow plug controller.

·
Registered
174 Posts
My 06 lbz has 22k on it, purchased nov. 05, no problems at all. not alot of miles but always runs great, all stock right now.

·
Registered
4,422 Posts
yes very reliable

·
Registered
167 Posts
well I have had mine for 34000 miles roughly, and I pound the pooh out it ha ha, i pull a 38ft goose usually with about 4 cords of firewood every weekend from the lake, and about four weeks a go i noticed a horrible grinding noise while in four-wheel drive only on decel, took in they repalced the front drive line, and transefer case, big hassel with one of the steelers but she is fixed now, i find that impressive she holds up to my foot, Love my GM's

·
Registered
924 Posts
My 07 lbz has 37500 miles and no complaints,except the steering shaft,it was replaced at the stealership ,fixed now from clunkin.Mine is a keeper.

·
Registered
167 Posts
yeah forgot about the ole steering shaft, but had three trucks do that, it almost seems like it suppose to be done lol

·
Registered
108 Posts
my 07 has 16000 trouble free miles and my 06 work "test:)" truck has 74000 HARD miles without a problem.

·
Premium Member
Slightly Modified 2006 CCSB LBZ w/ 595,750Km's
3,778 Posts
Are lbz's proving to be reliable?
yea.:D
a tad less miles than /\ but no less hard earned..:cool:

stk

·
Registered
358 Posts
Well, before I start ranting, I'll start with a simple statement. Great truck. I do actually love it despite its shortcomings and my current 'challenges'. I drive mine like its an Audi and put about 2500 miles on it a month commuting to and from work about 100 miles a day, in the very hilly and winding Puget Sound. Add another 150 miles on the weekend for honey-dos and my weekly trip to the hills to beat up my ATV and there ya go. I've had mine about 14 months and have just crossed the dreaded 36,000 mile marker. In the last month I've had the ISS replaced, the carrier bearing replaced, the driveshaft(s?) sent out for balancing, replaced the worn tires, had the idler arm and steering stabilizer replaced, and its going in next week for a leaking yoke to be replaced and a leaking power steering hose to be replaced as well. Currently I've still got a wicked driveline hum/growl that occurs anywhere from 45-65mph and most frequently under low load at about 62mph. The steering is also WAY wrong and while it will track straight on a perfectly flat road, anything else gives it fits. My suspicion is that the driveline left the factory improperly aligned, as many others have found on here, and that the GM IFS is wicked short of ideal. I also suspect I've got a pump rub problem as I'm now starting to hear the driveline whistle(sounds like a windshield leak sort've), and tonight on my drive home I could hear my steering shaft squeak with the bumps as I went willy-nilly over our local highway potholes at 70mph.
Well, its quite a rant, but there is my honest assessment after 14 months of ownership. While I think most of these problems are quite fixable and I've had no problems with my main attraction to this truck - the Duramax and Allison, these 'little' nickel and dime problems are irritating for a $45k truck. Despite all this, in all honesty I would buy another Chevy/GMC for my needs over a Ford or Dodge, though I'm questioning my reasoning at this point. As a reference, I'm a former auto tech and used to test drive/quality control Porsche/Audi for a large local factory service department. Also, as far as dealer quality goes, I think most are absolutely horrible these days and my GM experience is no different. I've had to fight very hard to get anything fixed on this $45k truck, and am still fighting for the driveline hum(I've just about given up on the steering issues). I'll say it one more time - 45 THOUSAND DOLLARS. That and $5 will get you a 'could not duplicate' and a coffee at Starbucks. Anyways, think its probably the best biggest package out there, but don't dive in without knowing its got its share of problems and the same krappy service that my wife gets at the local VW dealer for her Jetta. BTW, she paid cash in 2003 for it and got nothing but grief from the dealer she bought it from; I've also been bringing my truck to the dealer I bought it from. It seems that once the sale is done, its time to start hitting us up for problems that were created on the production line.....

There's my $9.63, sorry for the super rant.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
I've got just over 25000 trouble free miles on my 07 (half of those towing). Hasn't been to the dealer and I haven't had to fix anything on it so far. It gets great mileage and tows like a beast at 22-23k combined.

·
Registered
923 Posts
44,000 miles with no problems.

1 - 20 of 52 Posts