Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 21 Posts

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
This seems to be a regular thing from Bilstein.

·
Registered
190 Posts
I'd like to know too. I've been in the market since november

·
Registered
2,807 Posts
YES they are......

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bilstein shocks

Yup, they said that they were hit pretty hard with orders for the big trucks and didn't plan ahead so, it looks like mid April or so before we can get our little grubby hands on them......:(

·
Registered
16,609 Posts
April wow. What are the part #'s? I'll check with on of my suppliers.

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bilstein shocks

BE5-6081 fronts BE5-6082 rear "I think these are the HD shocks for Duramax trucks"

·
Registered
701 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
DPS has BE5-6082-H0 listed for the front and BE5-6501-H1 listed for the rear. Can anyone confirm the correct standard length part #'s

·
Registered
190 Posts
There are a ton of threads on this and the research I did came up with

Front- BE-6081-HO
Rear - BE-6082-HO

These were for stock hieght or torsions cranked with a 3/4" spacer. The long shocks would allow the suspension to sag too much and ran the risk of popping ball joints. The shock is actually supposed to limit the travel of the suspension.

I have the money waiting, If anyone finds them. I will even give a 20 dollar finder's fee to the person that can get me the info to where they are in stock. Mine are shot and I hate ranchos.

·
Registered
190 Posts
ps: collector- it's yours if that guy replies and has them. I did not find them in his store so I emailed him to see if they were in stock.

·
Registered
369 Posts
Check here also:
http://eshocks.com/bil_veh3.asp?Model_Index=477&Make=Chevrolet&Group1=Trucks&Make_Long=Chevrolet&Manf=Bilstein

The model #'s are actually BE5 6081/6082 HO
Apparently the front on a Hummer takes the same shocks, the ebay site I listed has the set for the hummer-front and back (backs are differant) so I assume he would at least have the front set in stock.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILSTEIN-HD-SHOCKS-2003-2005-CHEVROLET-HUMMER-H2-4WD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQitemZ8031764096QQtcZphoto

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
We've had then on BO since October. My best suggestion is to place the order and wait in line. Bilstein is having a "meeting of the minds" this week in OH. The NA President, Eastern Sales Mgr. et al will be there so there should be some answers soon...

·
Registered
208 Posts
Bilstein shocks

Nope!!! He's out too!! Just hafta wait......:(

·
Registered
190 Posts
Check here also:
http://eshocks.com/bil_veh3.asp?Model_Index=477&Make=Chevrolet&Group1=Trucks&Make_Long=Chevrolet&Manf=Bilstein

The model #'s are actually BE5 6081/6082 HO
Apparently the front on a Hummer takes the same shocks, the ebay site I listed has the set for the hummer-front and back (backs are differant) so I assume he would at least have the front set in stock.
http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/BILSTEIN-HD-SHOCKS-2003-2005-CHEVROLET-HUMMER-H2-4WD_W0QQcmdZViewItemQQcategoryZ33590QQitemZ8031764096QQtcZphoto

I emailed him, he is on backorder for the fronts too

·
Registered
1,796 Posts
just send me the parts i will put them together faster in my garage):h
i never seen it take so long for a shock there is no excuse for that
but its not the vendors fault its the supplier itself.just think of all the
money they are losing to people buying differant band shocks.

·
Registered
600 Posts
:blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah: :blahblah:

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Mt best advice is to wait for the Bilsteins. Place your order now before the price increase (yes there is a price increase coming) and we'll ship out on first come, first serve basis. We sell a ton of these (when we have them) and have a ton on order with Bilstein. We have filled through mid October last I heard.

·
Registered
1,885 Posts
Ok kennedy, I just took your advice and placed my order on your site.

Now I have my place in line :D locked in.

1 - 20 of 21 Posts