Diesel Place banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I need to replace the join's on my 06 crew cab dually. (LBZ) when I look up the parts on different websites, I see different part numbers and different locations. (at the transmission, at the rear differential, etc) I'm trying to find out if there really is a difference between locations (there shouldn't be) and if there are difference between trucks (standard cab vs crew cab for example) I will be working without heat as I will not be able to close my garage door with my truck inside, so I don't want to have to take the joint straps off to measure the ujoint.

If I go look up the part on Autozone's website, it tells me that a 1480 fits but it also says that a 1410 also fits.

· Premium Member
5,549 Posts
Did you try rockauto website?I find they are pretty good with explaining things and great part info.

Reactions: OkDually

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Did you try rockauto website?I find they are pretty good with explaining things and great part info.
Yes I did, but again they have different sizes that they say fit my truck. So, I backed it into my garage (It barely fits) and unbolted the shaft from the rear end so I could measure it.One cap fell off and it was full of rust and dust. I measured 1.18x diameter of the cap, and just something like 4-3/16 across the joint. ( I don't have my calipers here to measure with) This roughly corresponds to a 1410 joint, where a 1480 is 1.375 cap diameter and the same across the joint.

I was going to do just the bad one now and the other two in the spring, but I might as well do them all at once.

· Premium Member
5,549 Posts
Probably just fix the one bad joint if that’s all it needs.Maybe you could take the old joint with you to Napa and probably match something up at the parts counter.

· Registered
51 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yeah, but there's already 220k miles on the truck and I figure to just do them all at once rather than one now and another later.

· Registered
2020 Silverado 3500HD Duramax/Allison, LT, Crew Cab, SRW, Std. Bed, Z71, 4WD,
2,426 Posts
You are in there anyway, why would you NOT replace both u-joints? They are relatively cheap, and you have the driveshaft off, so do it.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts