Diesel Place banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

· Premium Member
12,164 Posts
First off, welcome to the forum, though I suspect you may have joined solely to sell a product, which is contrary to our rules. If that's the case, you need to sign on as a vendor.

When GM puts in writing it can/should be used, I'll try it. Until then, it's nothing more than snake oil.

And no, I'm not going to the powerstroke forum - they've already proved they were dumb enough to buy a Ford. :whistle:

· Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Yes I truly understand YOU!!!!

Well to inform You! No to Your question about my trying to sell a product here at DIESEL PLACE !!! Just trying to share something that has work for me . Yes if you doubt my post as You will , I can be found at this Bud Distributor Quality Beverage LP. 525 Myles Standish Blvd. Taunton , Ma. 02780 Tel# 1-800-822-6200 & ask for That 62 year OLD GUY referred as Little Jack ! And YES I will Gladly take Your call ! My hours are 5am to 1pm eastern standard time !!! Thank You ! Jack Walsh

· Registered
438 Posts
My LMM regens are based on soot level and mileage. It will regen every 350 to 400 miles, regardless of soot level, or sooner if soot levels are elevated (as in towing in the mountains).

"The regeneration operation is controlled by the ECM, which keeps track of the mileage driven, the amount of fuel consumed, the hours of operation and the exhaust differential pressure."

· Registered
438 Posts
Yes hope this helps with some understanding about regen cycles on duramax ! search; (understanding diesel dpf regeneration) on youtube ! Thank's
Yes, I'm pretty clear on how a regen works.

Go watch that video that you suggested. At or about the 6:15 minute mark, the speaker shows his ignorance. He's talking about his brother in law's Duramax and he says they aren't sure if it's ever regenerated because the light on the dash has never come on. It's clear the guy is just trying to sell a product, without regard for the facts.

· Premium Member
12,164 Posts
Yes, I'm pretty clear on how a regen works.

Go watch that video that you suggested. At or about the 6:15 minute mark, the speaker shows his ignorance. He's talking about his brother in law's Duramax and he says they aren't sure if it's ever regenerated because the light on the dash has never come on. It's clear the guy is just trying to sell a product, without regard for the facts.
Snake oil salesmen are only concerned with facts that support their product and either ignore, dispute or misrepresent those that do not. :whistle:

· R.I.P. Sam
30,594 Posts
Reactions: dz302
1 - 17 of 17 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.