Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Any techs hear anything about the flywheel. Why my second updated flywheel is making the same klinking/squeaking noise the first one did. Could the bea something else causing this to happen or just two bad manufactured flywheels in a row.
Waiting on the fourth design suposedly coming out.

·
Registered
522 Posts
I only had mine replaced once with the updated flywheel, now I'm not sure what "version" whether the first updated one or the second updated one, but after the first little while of running the truck I started to get the same sounds and feelings, but not as bad, then just the other day I suddenly noticed that the sounds were gone, haven't had a problem yet so I'm kinda in limbo here wondering if that was a "break in" period for the flywheel or what's going on. For now I'm happy though, I haven't gotten bitten the second time.

Good luck to you!

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
My squeak is from the pressure plate that is what I learned from the first one. Why is this squeaking.....because of the flywheel being torn apart.

·
Registered
262 Posts
CPMac has an custom solid one. Last I heard there was not anything new forthcoming from GM, but I need to follow up.

·
Registered
105 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
LUK said that it sounds like the squeak is in the hydraulic line but still just doesn't sound right.
tranys leaking from passenger PTO cover, reverse switch, and seal between x-fer case and trany.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts