Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was thinking of trying one, my 04 lly has not overheated but does have that aweful fan engagement when towing above 85degF. I think from what I have read that cooling the air charge should help. the gas air box seals to the inner fender ( ours have that silver tape block) I spoke to my local Stealer and he did the dog and pony show about bringing it in when it happens and they will scan it for codes. I have had a Snap On scanner on it and the Coolant temp doesnt get too high. I think it is just heat rejection from the CAC thats causing the fan to engage.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
This box was used in 2001 and revised in 2002 due to major restriction issues and water saturated filters.

·
Registered
11,955 Posts
I pulled the foil off my fender.....you can do that and some home made sealing and opening up of the filter box so its easier for it to suck outside air. But you should take extra caution with water and such.

·
Registered
593 Posts
I pulled the foil off as well. Haven't had any issues with it but I don't off road with my truck either...

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I will try first removing the foil, I dont worry about water entry as I dont four wheel with it ( dont want it to get dirty!) unfortunately the winter finally arrived here on the east coast so I wont be able to recrteate the high ambient temps unitl the early summer. Thanks for the advice!

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
Rain was the issue with the "snorkeled" box.

I have a Tech Tip on my site showing what I do. TXc has air box shrouds that seem pretty well built too.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.