on their truck. I've had BFG mt and at's and have been
happy with both af them and just got 40,000 miles out of
the All-terrains on my 01 6.0 HD GMC. Just wanting any input
Thanks

·
Registered
570 Posts
Drywall1,

I was just at my buddys shop and he had just put a set of 40's on his Power_oke. He said he loves them, the ride is great, and quiet. I'm adding a lift soon so I may just give them a try.

·
Registered
464 Posts
I recently just got the MT/R's, and I love the look. However since I'm fairly new to large mud tires i have a few complaints. I drag race over mudding any day and let me say that the dry weather traction of these tires are terrible as well as wet weather. With the stock 245's and a 90hp juice I could leave off idle to wide open with no loss of traction, now with the MT/R's I hit it, and they smoke up. Forget about rain, you might as well drive around on slicks!!!
However, I must say that snow traction is greatly improved over stock. All of this is comparable with the goodyear website. As far as noise I think they are very respectable, again I have not had many mud tires but considering the agressive pattern I feel they are very streetable. I love the new look, whatever I lost is worth the looks versus those tonka toy 245's they put on our trucks!!
i have not raced them yet but I'm sure I lost something, guess I'll have to make up for it with more power!

Jason

·
Registered
577 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks Voodoo

Thats what I figured but since my main application will be
trying to back my tool trailer and dump trailer onto the
job site full of mud or snow (over 20 inches of snow on the
ground right now). If they kick a## off road I can deal with
the mediocre handling on the road. By the way do you do any
towing with the mt/r's? If so how much weight? How do the
tires handle it. Thanks

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
i have been in heavy mud with the mt/r and they are ok, tread pattern is a bit tighter than the bfgs so they do not clean out as well. they require alot more spinning to get any real traction. not bad overall.

·
Banned
394 Posts
there awesome.......no noise, ride great and no wobble....balances perfect .....none of the 80 mph shake

·
Registered
522 Posts
I'm running the MT/R's for my summer tires right now in a 315/75R16 size right now. I've only run them for about 500KM's so I don't know them very well yet. So far I really like them though, I go where I please!

·
Registered
570 Posts
Well I went to order them and the military has taken them all in the size I needed, can't get them untill June.
I ended up going with BFG MT's.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts