Diesel Place banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
Wow it's cheap too. If it worked with a laptop I would buy it just to play with it. I am not going to buy a pda just for this.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Ease Electronics will be coming out with something pretty neat on a laptop for the Ally. Thinking of becoming a dealer and passing out some good prices if it works out.

·
Registered
352 Posts
Wow it's cheap too. If it worked with a laptop I would buy it just to play with it. I am not going to buy a pda just for this.
Such a deal, for us Banks guys with the PDA option!!

·
Registered
3,652 Posts
When are you to get this stuff Mike?

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Ease Electronics will be coming out with something pretty neat on a laptop for the Ally. Thinking of becoming a dealer and passing out some good prices if it works out.
Do tell... I was going to buy the personal scan tool for my truck when (or IF) they release it, which would include the ability to interface with the TCM... I'd rather deal with you (or Eric) than them if at all possible...

What would the Deutsch cionnector be for?

·
Registered
4,399 Posts
I have I think the older version. There isn't much you can do, basically read and clear DTC.

I haven't played with it in awhile, so definitley rusty on the functions.

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Their old stuff will not do much on the Ally. tested their later stuff aand it did not do much either. They claim their new stuff will do it all. I am waiting for the release.
mike

·
Registered
155 Posts
Can you return just the sheep after 90 days.):h ):h

·
Registered
1,484 Posts
Doc will not let you program unless you have the certificate to get the code. Also Doc is made for the laptop. My son-in-law uses it everyday. Its OK but nothing special after all thats why its cheap.

Greg

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Doc will not let you program unless you have the certificate to get the code. Also Doc is made for the laptop. My son-in-law uses it everyday. Its OK but nothing special after all thats why its cheap.

Greg
It is not cheap and it will do things a Tech 2 can not. You can test different clutches as far as timing and download then switch brand of clutches and do a comparison on the screen. Try that with anything else out there. This will tell you which clutch locks better. Could even do a comparison on fluid but you would have to do your test and then change clutches to have a valid test.
mike

·
Registered
2,161 Posts

Greg
Cheap? I called SPX to find out how much and their "Magic Key" which was the entire kit to get going (cables, interface and software) was just over $1,000.

·
Registered
710 Posts
On the 06 with Gen IV Allisons you will need a Dearborn box in addition to DOC. Also Allison will not support Majikey on the Gen IV transmissions and while it may work at the moment, Allison didn't think Majikey would work for very long (after the Dearborn box is out and some of the new updates for the Gen IV come out).

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Will the dearborn be any cheaper than the majikey?

Cable and interface is 995.00. The rest is 595.00.
Maybe that's a different package? The person on the phone at SPX gave me a price of just over $1000 for the Majikey kit. Said that was what was needed...

·
Registered
2,161 Posts
Magikey is only the harness components, not the software; that's extra. Majikey will not work on the 6 speed.
Gotcha! :thumb:

1 - 19 of 19 Posts