Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 33 Posts

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am considering switching my Edge box with the Quad 165 program.I first wanted the 135,then I got on the Quadzilla website, and saw they have a 165. Is anyone running this,or know anything about it?I do not want to stack it with my Edge,so it will be running solo,if I get it.

·
Registered
77 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I won't be running it all the time.Actually probably very rarely.The way I read it,it comes with 70,110,135,and 165,but maybe I am wrong. Since I tow quite a bit,I will probably normally run 70 or 110.But when I am empty it would be nice once in a while to play some with the higher HP programs.Thanks.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
BECAREFUL OR YOU WILL BE NEEDING THE UPGRADE-----I THOUGHT THE SAME THING AS YOU DID AND MY TRANNY WAS SHOWING MORE SLIP ALL THE TIME. MY TRANNY WASNT PUT TOGETHER PROPERLY FROM THE FACTORY THOUGH. THE C3'S WERENT BEING LUBED AND COOLED PROPERLY.

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
YUP THE LITTLE OIL LUBE/COOLING HOLE WAS MISALIGNED WITH THE SLITS IN THE STEAL RINGS

FROM WHAT I UNDERSTAND THAT IS PRETTY COMMON FROM THE FACTORYEdited by: PEANUTGRWR

·
Registered
3,164 Posts
IT TURNED OUT THAT MY C3'S WERE TOASTED AND NOT MY 1'S AND 2'S

·
Registered
704 Posts
I have the 215 coming in the mail. I was expecting it already, so perhaps it will show up tommorow. As soon as it gets here, I will try out the 165 tune. I give it a few days to let the Allison learn, before getting into it, but I might be able to post impressions by the weekend.

·
Registered
3,410 Posts
I believe that the 165 is vaporware. But I won't say any more.

·
Registered
652 Posts
DMAXPWR,

Are you not happy with the Hot OJ? The Stealth 135 provides about the same power, and the 165HP a modest bump. If you're looking for noticeably more power first upgrade your tranny, then look at one of the big HP tuners (Stealth 215, Comp OJ, TTS Extreme, etc). In fact, upgrade your tranny now because you're HotOJ probably isn't putting all it has to the rear-wheels now.

FYI, I upgraded to the Stealth 165 after running the Stealth 135 for a while. I found it to be a very good all-around tuner; it smokes very little in lower HP tunes (but a fair bit in 165HP), and runs strong in the 135 and 165 settings. Engine noise is noticeably higher in the 165HP tune, I think due to timing advance.

On my truck with a 4" exhaust and AFE intake and upgraded tranny the Stealth 165HP tune was 0.2 sec faster 0-60 than the 135HP Stealth as measured with a GTech. By comparison my TTS 120HP tune runs 0-60mph 0.3 sec faster the Stealth 165.

Good luck

Doug

·
Banned
328 Posts
Doug,

It sounds like you might need more transmission. If you only have stage1 you more than likely are not putting it all to the ground. The 135hp tuner is on the edge of the 400rwhp Suncoast says the transmission will take. You may not be blowing through the clutches, but I would almost bet you aren't getting everything to the ground.

Quad

·
Registered
652 Posts
Quad,

Are you saying the reason my Stealth 165 Gtech times are slower than the TTS 120HP is because my tranny is slipping? I see your point - if you add the rated 165HP to a stock 250HP Duramax you get 415rwhp, which is 15HP higher than Suncoast rates thier Stage 1 kit.

I had this concern myself, so after installing the Suncoast kit I used a borrowed Tech-2 to test for tranny slippage with the Stealth 165. When you monitor for T/C slippage in T/H mode, any value other than zero in gears 2-5 means you're causing clutch slippage. I could not get the tranny to slip at all when running the Stealth 165. Further, when I spoke with Joe at Suncoast he said the State 1 was rated at 400rwhp but would be fine up to 450rwhp, so there is some margin in thier ratings.

I know the 0-60 time seem a little puzzling. But they are what they are and I ran them at least a dozen times each and if anything they were consistent. I even changed the fuel filter and cleaned the AFE Stage 2 thinking I was starving it for air and/or fuel.

I'm not trying to be critical of the Stealth. It is a very good programmer and has some features my TTS does not. All I'm saying is that on my truck it's not as fast as my TTS 120HP tuner.

Doug

·
Registered
408 Posts
Who Has The Best Price On The Quad

·
Registered
408 Posts
Mackin said:
RUMAXED said:

That's it now your gonna get it !!!!

Mac

Mac, Maybe I Want It, I Was Going To Try Yours But It Never Happened?
Edited by: Mackin

·
Registered
185 Posts
DMax_Doug said:
Quad,

Are you saying the reason my Stealth 165 Gtech times are slower than the TTS 120HP is because my tranny is slipping? I see your point - if you add the rated 165HP to a stock 250HP Duramax you get 415rwhp, which is 15HP higher than Suncoast rates thier Stage 1 kit.

I had this concern myself, so after installing the Suncoast kit I used a borrowed Tech-2 to test for tranny slippage with the Stealth 165. When you monitor for T/C slippage in T/H mode, any value other than zero in gears 2-5 means you're causing clutch slippage. I could not get the tranny to slip at all when running the Stealth 165. Further, when I spoke with Joe at Suncoast he said the State 1 was rated at 400rwhp but would be fine up to 450rwhp, so there is some margin in thier ratings.

I know the 0-60 time seem a little puzzling. But they are what they are and I ran them at least a dozen times each and if anything they were consistent. I even changed the fuel filter and cleaned the AFE Stage 2 thinking I was starving it for air and/or fuel.

I'm not trying to be critical of the Stealth. It is a very good programmer and has some features my TTS does not. All I'm saying is that on my truck it's not as fast as my TTS 120HP tuner.

Doug
I've seen the 165Quad net more than 165hp.

Have you tried with the T/H off?

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
RUMAXED said:
Mackin said:
RUMAXED said:

That's it now your gonna get it !!!!

Mac

Mac, Maybe I Want It, I Was Going To Try Yours But It Never Happened?

They'll be one around soon for you to try ...

"What's the best price" is a DP funny .... I should've explained but the ones who participated will know ,sorry to hyjack your question ....

I struggle with giving mine up as I like to drive full POWER ... But when the other one shows back up in CT I'll put the word out for ya ,pull some strings ,make some arangements ....

Cyclone is running a sale or contact Quad himself ,prolly missing others as well ...

Yes I'm still interested in them mirrors .... Finally remembered .... Drivers side mirror is scratched that stupid bird and passenger side got biffed on the lift at Unlimited Motorsports ...

Mac

1 - 20 of 33 Posts