Diesel Place banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello .So I am currently running 235-85-16 tires on a 4.5" lifted 2wd 6.5 CCLB dually . I must say I love the current ride and the g80 rear gearing - I think 4.10s ????- is in the prefect RPM range at shift points in town and around 2700 RPMs at 75 mph more importantly I am able to stay in lockup all the time . With the lift added the 235s look real small in the wheel wells so I am toying with the idea of going to a bigger 255-85-16 tire , my concern now is that the bigger tire may cause issue with RPM trans lockup at highway speeds , MPGs no worries , any thoughts would be helpful . thanks All

·
Registered
29 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Thanks for the replies , You ever try to finagle stuff around your wife to get what you really want with her agreeing but her not really knowing what she is agreeing too ;) ? As luck would have it , I recently discovered that our 2019 Chevy express is needed new tires soon , all the sudden a light bulb went off , I could put the 235s off the dually on the express and go out and find some meaty tires for the dually which it doesn't need but I 've been wanting for , you know the thing - the thing ... BIDEN JOKE !!
I am not set on 255 just wanting to go as wide and tall as possible without having to re gear , currently running Alcoas 16"x 6" rear spacers are no problem, any recommendations ? thanks

1 - 2 of 2 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.