Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like these are 2" in dia larger than the 265/75's.

Anyone running these? Any clearance issues?

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
do a search for that, there was a guy running them and they looked sweet.. he had cranked his TBs a couple turns is all...

·
Registered
341 Posts
I had to shave off about an inch of the very inside edge (point) of the front bumper as it was just too close.

I also tied had to screw in my front flaps a little better & tie back a cable, because backing up and turning my drivers side would rub a little.

Other than that, no problems & they look so much sweeter then the stock POS's.

255's photoEdited by: conradv

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks!

Can't seem to find "E" rated 255's. Anyone make them? (better mileage with E rated)

·
Registered
281 Posts
My brother runs the 255/85's on his truck. They are about as tall as my 285/75's but are not nearly as wide. My 285's look alot better and do not rub. I would stick with the 285/75's.

Jesse

·
Registered
341 Posts
GreenDuramax04 said:
My brother runs the 255/85's on his truck. They are about as tall as my 285/75's but are not nearly as wide. My 285's look alot better and do not rub. I would stick with the 285/75's.

Jesse
lol - I think the exact opposite - I don't like the look of fat tires at all - skinny tall tires are an older style for trucks...

thats' what makes this place great - we can all agree to disagree....

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've been running Dunlop Mud Rovers in this size since July. It's a great size tire and it fits nicely in the wheel well.

http://www.picturetrail.com/1baddmax/Edited by: 1BADDMAX

·
Registered
626 Posts
I think Cooper makes E rated 255x86-16 IIRC.

·
Registered
5,563 Posts
1baddmax's was the truck I was thinking about when I posted before, just couldn't remember who it was at the time. That truck looks great on those tires...

·
Registered
12,036 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
My wife thinks I'm crazy replacing brand new tires. She's right.

·
Registered
195 Posts
I've been running 255/85/16 mud tires on my '97 for years now. A couple of turns on the TB and they're good to go

Have to agree on the look and the handling.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts