Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2,011 Posts
I swapped the stock muffler for a Flowmaster. Sounds nice with no drone. A bit louder than stock and should free up the exhaust a bit. Another person on a different site reported 100-150 degree drop in EGT's over stock. I can't confirm this since I don't have a pyro gauge.

·
Registered
1,146 Posts
banks monster 4 inch stainless steel. fit and finish is very nice, as is the dual walled 5 inch tip. sound is great too, just slightly deeper than stock.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I have the banks monster and am very satisfied.. BUT if I had waited 6 months and didn't care to spend a couple dollars more would like to have gotten the DUAL 4" from mark craig at DPP Suppose to add a tad more hp andcooling but bet it would sound great.AND add the 6'Tips fron ITP bet it would turn some heads..If I win the lottery or the stock market get its head out I might have a banks monster exhaust for sale if you interested in a slightly used system pm me.
Edited by: david b

·
Banned
6,539 Posts
I simply removed the muffler.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
seehunt,

You'll get a nice deep tone, lowered EGT's so you can make HP mods, a quicker spooling turbo and looks from stock diesel owners as you tow right past them too! Not to mention 20+ HP and 30 or so LBS of torque.

We have a T-409 stainless steel sale going on right now on both the single 4 inch system but also the DUAL systems. The singles are $200.00 off regular price and the duals are $280.00 off our regular price.

Call us if you have any questions etc.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
939 Posts
Well I just put my 4" summit racing exhaust system back on. Only difference is I installed a Magnaflow muffler in place of the glasspack type muffler they give you. Sounds MUCH better, and can't wait to tow the 5er to see the difference in EGT's. Only have a slight clearance problem with the tailpipe exiting directly under the large overload spring when fully expanded. My little piece mailed system was $299 for the system, another $105 for the muffler.

Bob

·
Registered
2 Posts
I have 4" with a magaflow muffler. Cant tell much difference, it sounds better. My wife thinks that it is to loud. I think that it sound great!

1 - 11 of 11 Posts