Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #1

Does anyone have 1 of these and can you tell me if they are ok to pull with DURAMAX, and how do they tow at 14000 fully loaded. Edited by: mpl897

·
Registered
165 Posts
mpl,

I haven't pulled one but the gooseneck hitch is quite stable and 14000# is within capabilities. If you don't tow it in the up position
the frontal area is not bad. Should tow well. How about brakes?

Regards,

Bob

·
Registered
408 Posts
There is a guy around here with the bumper pull version and he always pulls it around with his cummins. It doesn't seem to be anyworse than anyother trailer, although i don't think i would want to load it clear full.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I pull a friends 20' dual tandem dump GN occasionally. It is pretty stable, pulls better loaded IMO. Have left the gravel pit with 28,736 lbs gross total on short trips and had no problems. Actually wished that I owned it.

·
Registered
391 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
They can be had for about 5k,on EBAY and was wondering if the rear doors "flop" as they wear in doesen't seem like enough to hold the doors at base(welds).THEY COME WITH BRAKES BUT WOULN'D PULL IT WITHOUT EM

·
Registered
812 Posts
mpl97, I will try to get a picture this weekend of my friends. The trailer I'm talking about is $14k and weighs about 6500 lbs unloaded. It is built for the long haul and is as solid as they come.

·
Registered
577 Posts
You must go to HHtrailers.com I own as you can see one of their enclosed trailers and a dump trailer. They are made in Iowa and they really take pride in building them. Mabye a little more than the cheap junk. But if you are going to use it a lot this is the only way to go. I have a bumper pull 14k and use it for drywall scrap and haul around my 8300lb bobcat. Couldn't be happier with it.

·
Registered
302 Posts
I bought a 10K tow behind Hawke Trailer last year.

http://www.hawketrailers.com/index.htm

I shopped around quite a bit for dump trailers. The one thing I liked best about the Hawke's is that they are power up and power down with a scissor lift. All the others I looked at were power up and gravity down with no scissor lift (like the one you have shown.) The gate in the back on mine is a swing gate and a dump gate. There are also ramps that store under neather the bed that can be pulled out at anytime to load a Bobcat or whatever. All of these are standard equipment. Most others charge for that stuff. Hawke does make there trailers in GN up to 20K. The Hawke's seem to be built alot better than the others.

·
Registered
99 Posts
I've got a 10000 # bumper hitch my self. Works great, has the power up and the power down I don't see where that makes much difference, dump and solid swing gate. I just don't need it or use it anymore. Someone said they are bringing $5000 on ebay?

·
Registered
192 Posts
mpl897 said:

Does anyone have 1 of these and can you tell me if they are ok to pull with DURAMAX, and how do they tow at 14000 fully loaded.
We have a 20 footer kind of like that. We have loaded it up with dirt and rocks and pulled it like that but not very far or very fast. Ours has the wheels under it though. Forgot what brand it is but will get a picture of it later today. We take the side boards of in spring and haul peanut and cotton seed with it too.

·
Registered
2,341 Posts
I've see quite a few and my first choice would be a Bri-Mar. I like twins because they seem to be more stable. What I don't know is how the hydro's are set up? What happens when a line breaks, as they will break. I forgot to ask the Bri-Mar guy about that.

...... Mike this is important. Most of these trailers or 98.5% have electric brakes. Run a fuse at "each" wheel. It is better to use only "3" brakes due to a short, than to have one brake short-out your whole system and leave you...er... breathless, so to speak.

Burner----------->

1 - 12 of 12 Posts