Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
273 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am tired of looking for an exhaust or muffler for my truck. I am looking for better sound with interior resonation. Don't need to spend $500+ for an exhaust system when I only keep the truck 2 or 3 years.

Straight pipe is not what I want, but better sound and flow to complement the Juice are the goals.

Thanks for any input.

-Magnaflow looks like an option, where's best deal on their products?

·
Registered
242 Posts
Flowmaster makes a replacement muffler for the Duramax. 3.5" in and out. You have to cut the stock muffler out and the key is to cut as near the muffler as possible. Summit racing carries them, price is $111 plus shipping. I tried to order one two weeks ago and they were on backorder, but I just checked and they appear to have them in stock again.

There was a couple of threads of dmax mufflers at dieselplace.com and a couple of guys running the flo replacement were happy with the results, reduced EGT's and better throttle response. A bit more noise on the outside but generally not a noticeable increase on the inside.

One problem...this is not a stainless muffler, just aluminized steel.

Part number at summit is FLO-953558.

·
Registered
3,605 Posts
you will have to weld 4-6" on to the FLO-953558 depending on how close you cut off the stock muffler. If you can find a FLO-953553 (I don't think Flowmaster makes it any more) it is a longer body and you won't have to weld in a piece.

·
Registered
275 Posts
Hey mtomac I just ordered that FLO-953553 muff and they had to take the 9 off the front part# FLO-53553 and it showed up,28" long with 3.5 offset ends on it. Paid 90 bucks for it,is that inline with what you paid?

·
Registered
275 Posts
A muffler shop in Florida sold it to me for that,had a real great price on a 4" system but im not going to spend 360 bucks on the exhaust,seemed like a great price though.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts