Diesel Place banner
Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I know this section says Duramax but was wondering what/who the most knowledgable 8.1L tuner is? I am looking for someone is done these motors and knows what output numbers are after the tune. In market to get one in January (begining). I live in Columbus, Ohio, but will be in eastern Tennesee next week if anyone tunes there thats good. Thanks for any info.

·
Registered
2,534 Posts

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 · (Edited)
I believe I have spoke with Nick and from what I understood he has not tuned an 8.1 yet. VERY nice guy and I wished I lived closer to him so I could be his guinea (spelling?) pig for tuning them. Its hard to find anything for an 8.1 it seems, now so since they dont even make them anymore :( Was wondering if anyone has actually tuned an 8.1 on here. Wonder what kinda numbers I would get. ???

·
Banned
5,174 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Anyone heard of Black Bear Tuning? Good?

I will check Westers also..thanks.

·
Registered
1,957 Posts
Chris,

I got your PM, and I'll give you a call today. I have tuned two 8.1s recently, and am hoping to work further with a member on the gas board here to make it perfect. It's only been a couple weeks, so results are preliminary but things are looking good.

Hopefully they can chime in here with their results or updates.

Nick

·
Registered
928 Posts
Chris,

I got your PM, and I'll give you a call today. I have tuned two 8.1s recently, and am hoping to work further with a member on the gas board here to make it perfect. It's only been a couple weeks, so results are preliminary but things are looking good.

Hopefully they can chime in here with their results or updates.

Nick

Have you dynoed your tune for the 8.1s by chance?

·
Registered
173 Posts
8.1 tune

hey guys!,I got one of the 8.1 that nick tuned for me.I originaly commeted on the truck as putting a set of hedders on it.I was wrong!add a cold air intake on it,duals,and remove the bed (for weight).even my wife noticed a difference.WOW!!I turned the egr ON was setting code.would like to try to remove the throttle delay on rolling stops.I can lay tire marks about 60 ft.(guessing)LONGER than my buddys 8.1 stock tune.fuel millage is about the same.hope this helps.

·
Registered
1,739 Posts
Jesse Bubb at waitforme performance is pretty good.

·
Registered
989 Posts
Wester's ..........can get ya' 70 h.p. or anything in between, according to which octane fuel you want to run. I have dyno tested a 6-liter gasser that he advertised at 50 h.p. to the REAR wheels and it did EXACTLY that!! So,I feel like you would see the 70 r.w.h.p. if tested. I can't think of his web-site, but you can p.m.me and I'll hook you up with him if you like.;) Good luck, Ed.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.