Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 20 of 25 Posts

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
like it says, i need a take off bed, anyone know how much they are or where i can get one in texas?

A drunk driver rearended me last night while i on vacation in breckenridge. It's worse than it looks though. And i dont want to have to deal with the the imperfections of a body shop when it'd probably be easier to just replace the bed (I think).

Any help is much appreciated.

Btw, when the cops asked him if he knew he hit me, the only thing he said was "We hit every bar in town"

He went to the hospital, his truck was totalled. (he tried to run, made it 1.5 miles before the cops got him)

·
Banned
185 Posts
I don't know of any places ( although I can ask my friends). I am glad you are OK, that's the most important thing. There are some real idiots out there on the road.
Btw, when the cops asked him if he knew he hit me, the only thing he said was "We hit every bar in town"
.....this guy is a good example

·
Registered
16,610 Posts
Try ebay.

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
try craigslist-

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I don't know of any places ( although I can ask my friends). I am glad you are OK, that's the most important thing. There are some real idiots out there on the road. .....this guy is a good example
thank ya... yea, i'm pretty sure he's screwed. (see ya at the DFW GTG :))

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
Man that sucks! Glad you're alright though. The only take offs I seem to find are for the 3500's. No help here.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
maybe i can find a truck has been hit in the front or something, does anyone know what years the same? when - 2005/06?

·
Registered
6,097 Posts
01 to present. Some of the half ton beds may be different though. I know they are for a half ton crew cab. Have you tried calling people who install service beds? Maybe they have a few or know of a few for sale. Did they guy who hit you have insurance?

·
Registered
363 Posts
I know of a good auto salvage but it is near Temple, TX Holland to exact. My roommate back in college went to class with a Q-beam setting on the front seat of his truck. When he grabed his books he must have turned the light on and didn't notice. The light was sitting face down in the seat. When he got back from class he's truck was full of yellow smoke. The light had burned the passanger side seat cloth and was burning the foam insulation under it. He jumped in the truck and drove it about 5 miles south of town, with the windows down and his head sticking out the drivers side, to were we lived out in the country and pulled it up in the yard and stuck a water hose in the seat. He had a work truck model with the rubber floor mats so there was no damage to that. But the passanger seat was totaled. It was one of those 40/20/40 work truck seat were the center section doesn't fold down. He knew of this auto salvage place he had driven by several times (he worked for the Ft. Worth grain exchange and drove around his region sampling grain on rail road cars) so we drove down to Holland, TX and he got a LS model seat with the fold down arm rest for $125 dollars which is a good price. Sorry for the long story, but it might be a good place to get a bed and the place was huge and had everything, if your are needing other parts. Also its a good story about why it is necessary to unplug your Q-beam when not in use.

http://www.snydersalvage.com/

1-800-460-80251-254-657-2747

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
I know of a good auto salvage but it is near Temple, TX Holland to exact. My roommate back in college went to class with a Q-beam setting on the front seat of his truck. When he grabed his books he must have turned the light on and didn't notice. The light was sitting face down in the seat. When he got back from class he's truck was full of yellow smoke. The light had burned the passanger side seat cloth and was burning the foam insulation under it. He jumped in the truck and drove it about 5 miles south of town, with the windows down and his head sticking out the drivers side, to were we lived out in the country and pulled it up in the yard and stuck a water hose in the seat. He had a work truck model with the rubber floor mats so there was no damage to that. But the passanger seat was totaled. It was one of those 40/20/40 work truck seat were the center section doesn't fold down. He knew of this auto salvage place he had driven by several times (he worked for the Ft. Worth grain exchange and drove around his region sampling grain on rail road cars) so we drove down to Holland, TX and he got a LS model seat with the fold down arm rest for $125 dollars which is a good price. Sorry for the long story, but it might be a good place to get a bed and the place was huge and had everything, if your are needing other parts. Also its a good story about why it is necessary to unplug your Q-beam when not in use.

http://www.snydersalvage.com/

1-800-460-80251-254-657-2747

holy crap!!! a new bed is about $3000!!!! i just think about how many short bed white trucks there are here in dallas... there's gotta be one around somewhere, reg cabs, ext. cabs, crew cabs... white is most common color.

·
Registered
62 Posts
did he not have insurance?????? maybe try a western hauler outfitter, they do lots flat bad conversions ......pretty sure theres onr in decatur.. good luck ....... u live in the ranch??

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
did he not have insurance?????? maybe try a western hauler outfitter, they do lots flat bad conversions ......pretty sure theres onr in decatur.. good luck ....... u live in the ranch??

In the report it says he "left the insurance card in his wallet" so i dunno yet.

no i live in the city, i wish i lived on a ranch though :D

·
Registered
340 Posts
Check the phone book for mfg's who build flat bed trailers & flat beds for p/u.
They usually have several pull off p/u beds in stock.

·
Registered
1,495 Posts
I was at Classic in Grapevine today, they had a truck like your that was flucked up in the front. No doubt it was a totalled unit. Might try to contact the body shop at Classic.

·
Registered
744 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I was at Classic in Grapevine today, they had a truck like your that was flucked up in the front. No doubt it was a totalled unit. Might try to contact the body shop at Classic.
Will do!!! thanks!

·
Registered
3,129 Posts
Too bad you're so far away because around me here in NY,they are a dime a dozen or to be more precise$500-1K.Interesting, when I ordered my 2001 2500HD pickup bed delete,Chevy only credited me $1K; now they want $3K.Like the other guys said though--check at body/trailer type shops.If you can't find one,I'll get you some phone #s

·
Registered
141 Posts
why go thur the trouble? let the Ins. Co. do the work thats what there paid for. Your the claiment, take it where you want and do it soon! Don't mess with it yourself cuz then your gonna get short changed. If the guy hit you hard enough that you need a complete new bed you also have other damage! have you looked between the cab & bed? Is the gap the same, did the bed go up and hit the cab? See what I mean Get a professianal on your side.Go to as many shops you want till you find one that's clean modern well equipped & maintaind, look for ASE, or ICAR training certifacates (check the dates) wll I've rambled on enough, sorry about your ride & good luck

·
Registered
163 Posts
There is a place North of Decatur. I don't know the name, but I should be there one day this week and I'll go by and look for you.

1 - 20 of 25 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.