Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
504 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
At 340,000km my drivers door needs to be lifted up slightly to make it close better. Are the door hinge bolts located behind the kick-panel? Any tips?

·
Registered
964 Posts
My experience with both of my suburbans has been that he door hing pin needs to be replaced. When the door is open try to lift it, if the pin is bad you will feel the door lift slightly. They are not too bad to replace, pins are only a couple of dollars and you can get them off of ebay. Usually takes about an hour per door. Good luck!

·
Registered
5,863 Posts
I am having the same problem and can see where the pin is. How do you go about replacing them Boise?

·
Registered
1,338 Posts
I have a set of pins and bushings from GM I might sell, if someone's interested.

·
Registered
2,006 Posts
autozone also sells the door hinge pins in the help section.
Yes they do and so does anyone thats sells "HELP" brand items. The door hinges are glued to the door and the door post so there is no adjustment there, just replace the pin AND bushings. It is helpful to have another personand I like useing a floor jack ( In fact I used my new ATV/Motorcycle Jack) to help hold the door while I work.

I will also be moving this thread to something beside 6.5 Engine section

·
Registered
2,885 Posts
Yes they do and so does anyone thats sells "HELP" brand items. The door hinges are glued to the door and the door post so there is no adjustment there

i don't know about glue on the door hinge but i sure as heck hope gm didn't use glue as a duct tape fix.

·
Registered
1,556 Posts
If pin and bushing kit doesn't fix it enough you'll have to go old school and find someone who can adjust it with a block of wood. My Dad could but my connection to the after life is down right now.

·
Registered
1,035 Posts
The hinges are welded to the door and to the cab. The newer trucks don't have removable pins, so I can't wait to see what we'll have to do to fix them.

1 - 9 of 9 Posts