Diesel Place banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
48 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
jumped in the truck this morning and all heck broke loose..... DIC says check braking system.... ABS & Parking brake light on.... brake pedal goes all the way to the floor........

got back in the truck a minute ago and no lights nothing...stiff brake pedal.....

off to the local Stealer tomorrow.....

any input would help..give me an idea whats going on....

thanks

Craig

2004 CC D/A 4x4 2500hdEdited by: Diesel Nub

·
Registered
58 Posts
Wow thats wierd, no clue.

·
Registered
391 Posts
my brakes were mushy, try "feeling" under brake booster with fingers for brake fluid sepage, got mine replaced for free.

ps. just my thoughts I ain't no mechinic(sp see!)

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Diesel Nub said:
jumped in the truck this morning and all heck broke loose..... DIC says check braking system.... ABS & Parking brake light on.... brake pedal goes all the way to the floor........

got back in the truck a minute ago and no lights nothing...stiff brake pedal.....

off to the local Stealer tomorrow.....

any input would help..give me an idea whats going on....

thanks

Craig

2004 CC D/A 4x4 2500hd
Some simple things .....

The E-brake is independent as it is a cable system not hydraulic .... So for it to go to the floor (mine does any hoo) isn't an indication of braking system ....

Did you check the fluid ??

I have to say more then likely it's a bad (sticking) ABS sensor on start up ... Good luck with the dealer as you might fall into the Can't Duplicate scenario ....

Good luck

Mac

·
Registered
540 Posts
Mac

Don't think he meant the e brake pedal went to the floor.

Could it be hydroboost related??? I'm not sure an ABS sensor would make the pedal fall like that.

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
You maybe correct First Diesel ...... I may have unintentionally associated to details with his trouble shooting ....

If so ,I would point at the hydro booster myself ..... When you have the stiff peddle feeling you should also have a loss of power steering ....

Doesen't necessarily have to be leaking to be bad .....

Mac

·
Registered
540 Posts
I was thinking a stuck valve, having no flow might cause the pedal to lose boost and go to the floor.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts