Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 175 Posts

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I took my truck in for work (steering shaft and P0802 code) and I don't know what they did, but my exhaust is much quiter and I am getting better than 21mpg on the highway. Up from 18. I have not put my juice back in as I am very happy with the mileage right now. It didn't say anywhere that they updated my truck and I didn't ask but as soon as I pulled out of the dealer I wandered what they did because my exhaust was noticibly quieter. I can barely even hear it now and I was thinking of putting my stock back on because the MBRP was too loud. Then I started driving and looked at lie-o-meter and it was telling me 22mpg. I haven't hand calculated it yet but I know I'm getting better, as I have gotten more miles on 1/4 tank of gas then I had in the past. Anyone else seen this? I didn't even know there was a flash available.

·
Registered
325 Posts
What date did you have the work done?

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
1/09/06

·
Registered
5,111 Posts
man, let me know for sure when you do a hand calculation..if thats the case I am taking mine in for the updates as well. One was released on the 8th, but I thought it was for a surgning issue.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Only other thing I can think of is that I pulled my boat around South Texas this past week, and I was so happy with the performance that I ran the hell out of it. Set the cruise on 80. As soon as I got back to Austin I took it to the dealer. I wondered if I borke it in or something. Is that possible. Its has 35K miles on it now.

·
Registered
543 Posts

·
Registered
2,097 Posts
Just had a EGR failure , it was replaced and " reflashed with current calibration changes" This happened 1-11-05 - EGR concern per TSB --Operation J6270 , Hope that might help , truck runs well but I never really have had a surge problem , this is # 3 on reflash's since new

·
Registered
225 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
My dealer just called me to follow up on the work they done and I asked them if they reflashed and he said yes, they reprogrammed my truck. I guess that answers 1 of my questions.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
The surge update that was available prior to this one also moves fwd and applies along with the change fuel filter reminder and all previous updates.

·
Registered
800 Posts
I haven't had my truck reflashed since I bought it. Haven't had any problems, should I get the reflash?

·
Registered
93 Posts
I'm with Ozzy, I havn't gotten a single reflash since buying my truck in Dec 04'. Should I be worried or not. The truck runs great and I am not too upset with mileage, 14 city 17hwy.

·
Registered
543 Posts
This newest flash addresses

15904640 New calibration to address intake pop complaints

My EGR is block and unplugged and I have not heard any turbo bark... I don't know exactly what is adjusted but would like to hear more info over the next few days regarding turbo bark, surge and MPG....

·
Registered
144 Posts
I haven't had my truck reflashed since I bought it. Haven't had any problems, should I get the reflash?
Same question as Ozzy...
I don't want to open a can of worms if I take it to the dealer.....

Hey Ozzy...
Like this??

Attachments

·
Registered
543 Posts
Tim,

Some people wait a few weeks until adequate feedback is received concerning any flash... If the feedback is positive, you may choose to reflash... If negative, nothing lost...

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again, doesn't matter what it is, if it has a processor and runs code keep it current! You guys wasting time worrying about it for nothing! :rant:

Tim,

Some people wait a few weeks until adequate feedback is received concerning any flash... If the feedback is positive, you may choose to reflash... If negative, nothing lost...

·
Registered
800 Posts
Same question as Ozzy...
I don't want to open a can of worms if I take it to the dealer.....

Hey Ozzy...
Like this??
That's pretty sweet. Let me guess 42 Tiger?

·
Banned
569 Posts
I said it before and I'll say it again, doesn't matter what it is, if it has a processor and runs code keep it current! You guys wasting time worrying about it for nothing!
I don't have a problem keeping it current. My only question is if the dealer will want to charge me for a reflash, if there isn't anything "wrong" with my truck. I obviously won't know until I call and ask, but it sounds like others on the forum have run into dealers who won't cover a reflash under the warranty. For those who have run into this, how have you gotten around it?

Joseph

·
Registered
1,366 Posts
I don't have a problem keeping it current. My only question is if the dealer will want to charge me for a reflash, if there isn't anything "wrong" with my truck. I obviously won't know until I call and ask, but it sounds like others on the forum have run into dealers who won't cover a reflash under the warranty. For those who have run into this, how have you gotten around it?

Joseph
That's easy, don't just walk in and ask for the latest greatest reflash, instead complain or describe an intermittent issue(surge, smoke, rough idle, whatever) that just so happens to be serviced by the reflash.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Had mine in in November for oil change and a couple other minor things. Asked them to check for a latest program and they did it free. Now it displays fuel filter life.

'05 3500 SRW Ext.

·
Registered
7,929 Posts
Iam getting bad mpg's now..13 compared to 17-20,when I took the truck in for oil change I asked for a current reflash and was told,there is not one(early nov.)but now I think the miliage is a result of the computer...what should I do...btw dealer said If I wanted the latest reflash It would cost me 90 bucks...WTF?

1 - 20 of 175 Posts