Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if anyone has pics of their homemade wastegate control? Would love to see some if you do. Am wanting to remove my vac. pump.

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
that should work for you year of truck for some reason its only showing a red X clikc on trevors garage theres a pic in there

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Can't figure out why some pics show fine here and some won't. Unfortunately Trevor's pics don't show up. Appreciate the link though.

·
Registered
67 Posts
Try this one

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Trevor, I like the air filter mounted like that, where did you run the tuna can hose too?

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Guess I should have asked, I haven't really found an answer, but once I put a manual boost controller on the waste gate, how do I go about setting the boost. I know mechanically how to set it, but at what PSI do I set it. What other info do I need to know about etc. Consider my engine is pretty much stock with a few mods. See Sig.

·
Registered
224 Posts
Dwayne,

Here is a picture of my home made TM. I need to tweak it a little more to make the spring set a little better.

I have a boost gauge and have the max boost set to 11psi at WOT.

Attachments

·
Registered
1,008 Posts
put a peice of 3/4 or 1" copper over the spring along with a fender washer on the bottom it will straighten it right out thats what i did on my 99 burban and it worked great home made is the way to go

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
I have some pics on the site somewhere of the wastegate tied shut with a clevis and bolt, nothings going through there (25 psi boost), i wouldn't advise it though unless you have lotsa cash to buy a new engine when you blow it up!

·
Registered
187 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
LOL......unless I won the lottery, cash is last thing I have....I better just stick with stock for the time being....

·
Registered
5,861 Posts

·
Registered
5,861 Posts
Thanks Rex.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I got mine from Sears. Try to get a few different one's to play with until you find the one that works best IIRC I got 3 or 4 different one's for about $2.50.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
I got mine from Sears. Try to get a few different one's to play with until you find the one that works best IIRC I got 3 or 4 different one's for about $2.50.

Same here. I got mine at the local hardware store. I ended up using the stiffest spring in the pack (I got the "spring assortment pack"). Then you set your max boost by tightening the nut. Wing nuts are good because you can quickly adjust boost. IMO there's no need to be able to adjust boost from inside the cab.

·
Registered
224 Posts
I think I got mine at Farm and Fleet, pretty stiff

·
Registered
6,945 Posts
Note -

the first pic - horizontal action - is for 1994-'95 GM-4's

the second pic - vertical action - is for 1996-up GM-5 and -8

1 - 20 of 23 Posts