Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm looking for vin numbers for the new Silverado and Sierra. I need those to see what bulb types are used for the low beams, high beams and fog lights.

Thanks!

·
Registered
549 Posts
tbyrne;1575996; said:
I'm looking for vin numbers for the new Silverado and Sierra. I need those to see what bulb types are used for the low beams, high beams and fog lights.

Thanks!
Blackhawk posted the VIN # of the truck he test drove: 1GCHK29677E507572
Hope that helps :)

·
Registered
1,565 Posts
tbyrne;1575996; said:

Thanks!

Are you going t be doing an HID conversion on the new 07 or something?

·
Registered
22 Posts
Here is my Vin..

I just got a New Body Style 2500 HD Duramax Crew Cab LT2
1GCHK23647F507001

I know people are going to ask, so... I had a 2004 (same exact it was the LT3). I love the interior of the new one but if I had the chance to do it over again, I would have kept what I had. I had 50k miles on the 04 and NOTHING went wrong other than getting a CD stuck in the changer. I sold it for $27,500 so for almost double I got a truck that looks better but still have some work to be done. The fact that there is no tuner for this and the whole emissions issue will drag on to drive me nuts. stock to stock I can't tell a differenance except the new one is quieter in the cab... not necessarily outside! With the SuperChip running on ANY setting it will crush this thing in performance and milage. I think I got 260 miles on my first tank of gas... I'd say 75% highway and never more than two people in it. Again, not impressive at all. Cosmetics are great. I have noticed one difference on mine versus other pics I saw on this site... the "Duramax" and "Allison" logo are on the hood of my truck, not on the door panel. Feel free to PM me with any questions. I'll be honest with you, i'm not a brand snob and call it like it is. Oh, one more thing... those rear seats in the new one are MUCH better now that they fold upwards like the F-250's.

Dan

·
Registered
89 Posts
i have hid in my chevy the lows are a h11 bulb,not sure on the highs havnt put them in yet. i think gmc would be the same but i could be wrong,but they have been the same in the past

i just checked my high beam on my chevy its a hb3 with should be a 9005bulb #

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #6 ·
Thanks! I located the bulb types before my truck came in and have kits sitting next to me now :)

As for mileage, I calculated 17.5 MPG when I filled up the other night. There are about 250 miles on the odometer and I haven't layed into the throttle yet. I run a Westers race tune in my '05 so the power difference will be noticeable. I'm looking forward to upgraded programming for these.

·
Registered
334 Posts
my question to you is, if you have your new truck sittin in your driveway, why dont you just go out and look at your VIN?

just wounderin:cool:

·
Registered
1,364 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
I posed this the beginning of Feb. I wanted to get the lights in before the truck arrived. I picked it up last Thursday, drove it for a couple of days, put it in my garage and washed it today. It won't leave the garage until I take care of some mods.

·
Registered
334 Posts
oh! haha i just stumbled upon it yesterday! sorry about that m8!

1 - 9 of 9 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.