Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
As the title says, just looking for an image of the S engine pre-cups. Apparently DAS is saying my engine had the wrong cups in it and that they were split up pretty bad, what a bunch of horse sh!t! I have pictures here from the heads i pulled and the ones i installed from DSG, the precups are identical. And if DAS is a reputable builder they would have picked up on that when they did the new hummer engine and told me about it and suggested changing heads then, no?

:mad: Censored :rant: :rippedhan :wtf: :wtf1: :damnit1: :banghead: :nutkick:

·
Registered
8,014 Posts
Bovine scatology I run the Krap out of my S cupped engine no problems, DAS is really grasping at straws here, this is a "new" just discovered revelation, what about you being put at the head of the line of those big $$$ jobs on hold to take care of you, and now cracked pre-cups are the hold up????
William Tango Foxtrot over ??? Search the threads at one time there was some post with head & precup pics in them, maybe one of QMs posts had pics in it

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
Bovine scatology I run the Krap out of my S cupped engine no problems, DAS is really grasping at straws here, this is a "new" just discovered revelation, what about you being put at the head of the line of those big $$$ jobs on hold to take care of you, and now cracked pre-cups are the hold up????
William Tango Foxtrot over ??? Search the threads at one time there was some post with head & precup pics in them, maybe one of QMs posts had pics in it
No NO NO TD, its Whiskey Tango Foxtrot. But dido on that, precups DO NOT BREAK CRANKS!!!!!!!!!!

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Chicago i know they do not break cranks, this is just the latest BS i'm going through to get my engine back, another line of BS as to whats the holdup. Something stupid like it was 2 weeks or so to get new pre-cups out of the states, apparenlty there were non in Canada! And then when i called them yesterday i got the same story i get every friggen time..... oh ya your heads just got back yesterday, we'll get on it next week as we're short handed.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I really wonder why they didn't discover the really bad pre-cups on tearing it down???

·
Registered
7,449 Posts
They may have switched heads> See if DSG puts any kind of identification marks on their heads. I've had shops pull stuff like that on me. Always mark your parts in some fashion before repair. Seems when they get in a bind and say your rods are finished and they need some rods now they will swap parts to make their work flow better saying they are all the same ( #### B.S.)

Repair place "lost" a set of rods from a balanced matched set. That's how I know. Seems it's common practice in the so called "machine shops"

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
I think i have head numbers on the reciept at home, i do believe DSG marks there heads with a custom number, i'm sure i have it and will check if the 00 engine ever gets back here.

About another 10 days and i'll be requesting another complete engine from somewhere else.

·
Registered
1,686 Posts
I think i have head numbers on the reciept at home, i do believe DSG marks there heads with a custom number, i'm sure i have it and will check if the 00 engine ever gets back here.

About another 10 days and i'll be requesting another complete engine from somewhere else.

:rolleyes: Well, in that case, I know who you need to call. Peninsular

·
Registered
3,752 Posts
:rolleyes: Well, in that case, I know who you need to call. Peninsular
Or, if you want a low compression engine from Canada, there is a place in Binscarth (sp?) Manitoba that sells the high nickel engine with low compression pistons for around $7500 CDN.

ON EDIT - can't remember if the engine is a short block or a long block though...

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
I have a few sets of heads on the shop floor and one set looks to be small precups. I will try and take some pictures. Precups all crack and cracks aren't a problem as long as they don't reach the fire ring. Lots of fuel will make them crack more, but still isn't a big deal.;) I have never noticed any difference in the way these engines run based on the precups only.

·
Super Moderator
5,988 Posts
Well, I took some pictures, but the quality isn't very good, maybe I will try again tomorrow, kind of cold out in the shop. The main difference is the width of the opening in the precup. Precup opening on the 6.2 heads is around 3/8 inch, 94 F 6.5 is about 1/2 inch, 2000 6.5 is about 9/16 inch and the one S head I have is slightly larger than a 6.2, but smaller than a 94 F 6.5. 6.2 precups all seem to have fairly long cracks in them. The F precups from the 94 6.5 heads have a round mark stamped or cast in the precup.

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
Thanks DP, i have those on my comp here, quality just wasn't good enough to see if the diamond stamp was on em or not. I have better pics on the home comp that i don't have access to until i get back home. Also have the pics of the new heads from DSG at home. DAS said they'd send the really bad pre-cup for me to see.

1 - 14 of 14 Posts