Diesel Place banner

Anyone have a 2019 in the driveway yet?

1K views 8 replies 3 participants last post by  Upstatefreedom 
#1 ·
Wondering if anyone actually has a 2019 in the driveway yet? Speculative information on the web suggests no change in engine power or torque, but it would be nice to hear from an actual owner whether anything seems to be different to the 2018.

I have a 2019 on the train on it's way to the dealership, so I'll find out for myself soon enough, but thought it would be good to get a 2019 discussion started.

#2 ·
I also would like to get a 2019 thread started. I’ll be ordering a ‘19 Crew cab work truck Alaskan edition in a couple days. Been wanting a duramax for years. Finally upgrading from 2500hd 6.0. Super excited!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

#3 ·
Remember when factory ordering to ASK THE DEALER WHETHER HE/SHE HAS ALLOCATION !!! If they don't have allocation you could wait weeks or months to even get the order entered. Also, the plant at Flint is closed for all of July, so there won't be any trucks built until August.

#4 ·
I’ll be sure to ask, I’ve purchased vehicles from this dealer and salesman a few times. He has also always taken care of other family members for years. Also nice to see him outside of work to. When I was pricing, he told me usually about 6-8 weeks. Hope that holds true....cross my fingers. Really hope to get it a bit before snow flys. I will need to get my plow switched over to it. Lol

#5 ·
My factory ordered 2019 has been in the driveway for just over a week. It's a great machine - runs even quieter than my 2016 did, and I can tell there are a lot more horses under the hood just waiting to be released (haven't planted my foot yet) as soon as I've racked up the first 800 kms (500 miles).

#6 ·
awesome

be sure and post how the first foot planting goes:thumb::thumb::thumb:

Reactions: Upstatefreedom
#8 ·
I ordered the truck on May 24th. It was built on June 14th and went to have the sprayed on bed coating on June 20th. On June 22nd it left Flint on CP Rail and was unloaded in the Vancouver, BC area on July 7th. On July 8th at 4:07pm it was delivered to the dealership, and I picked it up on July 10th.

Always remember when factory ordering to ask the salesperson to CONFIRM that they have factory allocation, otherwise you could wait for weeks just to get the order placed. If the dealer doesn't have allocation, go somewhere else.

Sorry, I haven't posted pictures yet but it looks the same as my 2016 so nobody would be able to see a difference.

#9 ·
Good deal. Thanks for the info. I did confirm that the dealer had allocation. I think my wait is due to when I ordered. It was the second week in July. If Flint is the only place my 3500hd cc sb duramax is being built it’ll be a bit. Smh. Oh well. Just excited to be getting it. Just wish it was sooner than later. Lol. Congrats on getting yours fairly quickly.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.