Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of you guys up north got one of these in your trucks yet.?? How does it compare to the LB7?? Gonna take a while here in the SE to see them according to GM.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I am doing the PDI on one right now! We got two here at this time, both silver birch 4x4 CC SB LT, After I an done with them I will post about how it runs. The VIN on the one I am doing now is 1GCHK23274F177699. Do I win a prize?

·
Registered
570 Posts
Max Payne said:
I am doing the PDI on one right now! We got two here at this time, both silver birch 4x4 CC SB LT, After I an done with them I will post about how it runs. The VIN on the one I am doing now is 1GCHK23274F177699. Do I win a prize?

We want pictures too!!!
You should get something, but the first test drive is also cool. Edited by: Voodoo

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I just got done driving it
It runs pretty good, the throttle response is better, the turbo sounds like it has an AFE stage 2 stock! I ran it with my gtech, here it goes, 6700 lbs, 40 Degrees, 2 wheel launch, [email protected] mph, 0-60 9.38, 235 HP. Any questions you guys just ask I will try to help as much as I can. See ya, Ben.

·
Registered
1,240 Posts
Max Payne said:

You got me all excited, I ran out the 04 dmax that just came off the truck today but it was an LB7.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I measured the fuel filter it is 1" taller. The intercooler plumbing is much smaller diameter than before.

·
Registered
325 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
I wonder why they are upgrading the turbo, an at the same time they are choking off the air to it by "much smaller diameter". Leave it to GM to upgrade one thing an take away on another!!!!!! Guess there may be a good reason but I can't think of one at this time.. Thanks for the info..

·
Registered
2,639 Posts
Is the intercooler plumbing diameter related at all to EGR or do I have a gross misconception? I'm new to diesels here. . .

·
Registered
107 Posts
I was at my local dealer on monday. They told me the LLY was at least two months away
. Who knows

Chris

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
I did some more careful measuring of the intercooler plumbing today, the intercooler pipes are 2.5" O.D. on the LLY. The pipes on an LB7 are 3" but they do neck down to 2.5" at the ends. So in all reality they aren't any different. I figure they might have done this to create more space for other stuff. Hope this clears things up a bit. I also noticed that the "pilot injection off" noise seems more pronounced in the LLY. CDMAX, tell your dealer that there are two of them 14 hours away in Medford, OR. Then see what he says

·
Registered
18 Posts
Max Payne,

You've got me excited now!!
I'm only a little over 2hrs away(by Eugene,OR). We just looked at trucks on the lot in Eugene, non are LLY. Saleman said that they weren't gonna deal on the "new engine" because they're going to be in such high demand!!! Give me a break
You want my money then you're gonna have to work for it. Just got all my finances in order, so new truck here I come. Do you think they will do like 2001?, when trucks first came out they were filling dealer inventory before individual orders. I thought I might order, but now I don't know if I want to wait until March.

·
Registered
2,386 Posts
At least your dealer knows that there is a new engine! I went up to our sales dept. and warned the finance manager not to sell any chips or intakes to anyone that buys the LLY. He said "whats the LLY". Turns out not a single person up there had their head out of their arse long enough to figure out that the LB7 is history. Go figure

·
Registered
54 Posts
I have a new Silverado 2500HD LS ext cab 4x4 Durmax on order was wondering if anyone has been quoted a dilivery date on theirs. I also have a new Keystone Challenger 29ft 5twh on order for Feb 15. Hope I have a truck then so we can leave for Florida if not another trip in Coleman tent camper

·
Registered
162 Posts
Ordered 12-12-03. GM picked up the order on 12-16-03. Processed on 12-18-03. Targeted production week date of 01-26-04. Delivery will about 10-14 days after it is built.

I was lucky because my dealer had 'two build spots" for the my type of truck for immediate allocation.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
ekrott,

Oh gentle soul..... GM don't do delivery date quotes....

But seriously, the reason is that there are so many variables in the order/build process that it's just not possible to give an exact date to someone ordering a vehicle.

Do a search on the site and you'll find several threads showing various wait times that members have experienced. I will give you a few ideas based on what I've experienced and what has been posted that I've seen about it.

1. It appears that order to delivery is generally about 8 weeks, give or take two weeks.

2. GMC's take longer than "Bowties".

3. Your experience should not be expected to follow any particular time frame.

4. There's one member who got a bowtie in 4 weeks.

5. There's one member who's into it about 12 weeks and doesn't even have a "Targeted Production Week" yet.

Don't know if that answers your question, but that's about as close as I can come...
Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
6,995 Posts
Sonny it sounds good, the key is the dealer slots (allocation) and most dealers have the delivery time figured out.

Since u are in MO, your not too far from Flint and Pontiac.

I have a 4 week truck and the shipping was 6-7 days.

The last GMC was ordered last spring and it was another 4 week truck.

It pays to be lucky sometimes.

·
Registered
4,755 Posts
I ordered my LLY in November. Truck was built on Dec 22 and is now in route to my dealer so I hope to have it in a couple of weeks. Then the fun will begin

·
Registered
227 Posts
The allocation system to the dealers is based on the number of units they sell. Higher volume dealers get a priority in that they have more "opportunities" to actually get a vehicle. If they have enough inventory in stock, they can pass and a dealer who may not have had an entry or allocation for that particular week, can pick up an empty slot and order a vehicle.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts