Diesel Place banner

1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I was woundering if anyone has gone with the Westin Oval Tube Step that is straight? I am thinking of ordering them but so far I have only seen there 3" round steps that wrap around to the frame. I think I am going to go with them but just wanted to check out the inout of other drivers.

·
Registered
629 Posts
I'm expecting the wheel-to-wheel stainless steel (chrome
plated) ones to arrive any day. Those seemed the most
practical to me. The front wraps around to the frame
but the rear just extends straight to near the rear tire...

·
Registered
433 Posts
I bought mine about a year ago from stylinconcepts.com and I like them. They are the straight ones from front to back. Mine are black powder coated, all because I have a white truck with black trim. If I had any other color truck I would have gotten the chrome. I like them for a few reasons. Before I put them on the side of my truck got dirty really quick from the tires throwing mud and dirt up, now with the running boards, they stick out far enough where the dirt hits the underside of them and keeps the truck clean. The ones that have the curved front, chrome or black, will end up getting rock chips into them on the very front corner. With the straight tubes, there is a plastic tip on the front and rear that will take all the beatings of the rocks.

·
Registered
242 Posts
I also have the straight black powder coated ones and love them. I put them on during lunch break. Three brackets to body mount bolts and 6 bolts that slide in grooves under steps. What a snap to put on. They also stand away from the body so I can use them like a step.

·
Registered
463 Posts
I really like the looks of the ovals. They have a much larger tread than the round do...Better footing! I already have round w-2-w kick-out bars on my 3500. If I had found the ovals first, I would have gotten them instead, providing they make them in the kick-out style as well.

Kevin

·
Registered
410 Posts
the reason i went with the ovals is that when i step out, the footpad is in the correct place. when i stepped out of the tubulars, i was stepping on the bar which could become slippery in winter. the ovals are a much more functional step for me..

·
Registered
125 Posts
I've got 'em - the chrome ones. Hopefully the picture will show up.

Edited by: NCMax

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Westin said they are on back order. My NAPA buddy is trying to get them for me. What color mounting brackets did the chrome ones come with? I was told they only come with black.

·
Registered
242 Posts
If you have an Advance Auto parts near you, they stock Westin products. Good luck

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
O'Reillys also has Westin products..but not the ones I want. I will look for a Advance location, you never know.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I went with the Westin ovals (black) as well. I am very happy with them. The wider step is nice and the wife likes that. Wife happy = better world! I only wish they were avail. wheel to wheel but that isn't an option with the CC SB, I don't think.

I though they were really going to look big but being oval you don't notice the size diff. until you are right up at the truck or getting in. They definetely stop lots of stuff from getting all over the truck. Just ordered Husky mud guards to keep the Tubes/truck cleaner.

Mike

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
NCMax,

Question, what color is the mounting brackets black or chrome? And were did you get them?

Thanks!

·
Registered
19 Posts
Try Summit Racing out of Ohio, that's where I got mine from and they have good prices. The mounts are black, but you have to buy them extra, they don't come with the tubes. So beware. They are great and recommend them.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #15
Flight_RT, that is what I was told...but the pic in the cat shows them with matching chrome mount. The funny thing everyone in STL can get the mounts but not the step...Westin has them on back order.

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
I guess Santa has some pull at Westin!

I was lucky enough to have my steps under the tree today...

I hope that everyone has a great holiday!

·
Registered
125 Posts
NoWake200 said:
NCMax,

Question, what color is the mounting brackets black or chrome? And were did you get them?

Thanks!

No Wake, Sorry for the late reply, I've been out of town for the holidays. The mounts are black. I got 'em from my selling dealer when I bought the truck; they were, as Jesse James would say - a "FREEBIE!!!"

1 - 17 of 17 Posts