Diesel Place banner

1 - 18 of 18 Posts

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
http://www.duramax.bizhosting.com/
anyone have any experience with this place or the products? seems like some pretty cool stuff, but i read a few bad things about him on the internet (no idea if any of the sources are reliable)
kind of interrested in the fuel and boost manual, in-dash controllers which i have not seen anywhere else. seems like they would be convenient for switching between hauling and playing, and just cruising.
anybody else using or seen controls like this for the 6.5?

·
Registered
75 Posts
:evillol: Steak Sauce.... BE GONE!!! EVIL SPAWN OF SATAN!!! :evillol:

This is the general consensus around here... :nutkick:

·
Registered
377 Posts
He is a ripoff artist supreme.-:t Don't waste your money, much better products can be made yourself or on a sponsors site, Heath, Kennedy, etc.....

·
Registered
377 Posts
Oh yeah just so you know I did buy from him so my opinion is not just based on reputation.:rippedhan

·
Registered
7,432 Posts
You went to his site right? Didn't that tip you off that the fellow is not playing with a full deck? No business address, no phone, worst warranty I ever saw. Read his fine print.

·
Registered
377 Posts
I did it before I found this place and was broken down in CA while on vacation, and the dealership and diesel mech couldn't find problem. Ended up buying harness and PMD with heatsink from him which did not fix problem but I was able to spend a huge amount for this, I'm embarassed to say. You live and learn and since then I have learned much about my diesel burban.

·
Registered
308 Posts
Ditto to chevydave, remote harness/fsd/cooler.

FSD lasted less than 2 months,

Reply from phone call: " T*FF S**T" No Warrenty's

·
Registered
3,598 Posts
If your cigarette lighter isn't working he'll sell you his PMD kit to fix it.

·
Registered
377 Posts
Ditto to chevydave, remote harness/fsd/cooler.

FSD lasted less than 2 months,

Reply from phone call: " T*FF S**T" No Warrenty's
The biggest joke about the harness is that it is too short to reach anywhere and the connectors are incorrect so they don't seal against moisture. I ended up making my own 6' harness for less than $5 with the correct connectors. The only thing I kept from that mistake was the heatsink which I modified and mounted in front of radiator. Oh yeah the PMD failed after just a few hundred miles.:rant:

·
Registered
377 Posts
just curious but is original poster in this, actually steaksauce, cause it sure seems like his tactics?

·
Registered
740 Posts
jasonosu,
Once you complete the install your gauges do a search here for something like "Boost Fooler" or "10k Pot" for more boost, and "Optic Bump" for more fuel. You'll be alot better off that way.

·
Registered
740 Posts
I ended up making my own 6' harness for less han $5 with the correct connectors.
Dave,

Do you have the P/N for the connectors?

·
Registered
377 Posts
Dave,

Do you have the P/N for the connectors?
No sorry. I wasn't clear. What I did was take the new harness that comes with a new PMD, cut and spliced in 5 feet of wire (soldered, shrink tubing, wire loom). This gave me a factory looking harness with the correct ends for the PMD and IP harness.

I have heard that you can often get the discarded stock harnesses at many diesel shops, since they usually don't replace them when just replacing the PMD. Might even be able to order the stock harness from dealer.

It isn't very hard and only took 30-45 minutes to complete.

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
jasonosu,
Once you complete the install your gauges do a search here for something like "Boost Fooler" or "10k Pot" for more boost, and "Optic Bump" for more fuel. You'll be alot better off that way.
Or get a reflash (more efficient than stock programming if you drive normally)

·
Registered
740 Posts
Or get a reflash (more efficient than stock programming if you drive normally)
True and will run alot better when not driving normally. I'm just really cheap:D

·
Registered
689 Posts
Personally, I miss (A1) steak sauce. Usually, one has to be contacted by an Ethopian banker to experience such a poor grasp of the english language not to mention the tenuous grasp on reality.

·
Registered
41 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
i appreciate all that everyone has added, and i have a feeling i won't be buying anything from him. i did seem like his website was a little fishy, (or "beefy") when i first came across over a year ago, but it did not occur to me til i googled to find the site again recently i came across some comments similar to this elsewhere on the web. and as the guy stated in the other thread that was started about this, if you guys don't like him, then i don't like him. i have nothing but good thinkgs to say about this site since i have joined. but that is why i asked, to be sure before i did anything stupid. and i have found almost everything that is available for the 6.5 on the internat in my 3 years of owning it as i have lots of time in front of a computer while at college, however i lack the funds to do what i want to the truck and have slowly been piecing a few things together for it.
BUT, i did think that it would be sweet to have in-cab controllers for the boost and fuel to change at free-will, but it does not look like i will be going that route. funny thing is that i did contact the guy and he sent a very orderly, detailed list of things i need to do to my truck, and the remote PMD was #1 on the list. at least i didn't get suckered in yet

·
Registered
4,805 Posts
....BUT, i did think that it would be sweet to have in-cab controllers for the boost and fuel to change at free-will, but it does not look like i will be going that route....
....and I'd like to have a flux capacitor, but it's just not in the cards....:rolleyes:

1 - 18 of 18 Posts