Diesel Place banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Premium Member
35 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Anyone else cant wait to drag out the grill or smoker for Christmas???
My wife is an excellent cook almost professional status, using a knife, seasoning balance, ect. Not only am I a lucky man but I am a mountain boy and grew up with grandmothers that could cook......I must say that my wife has shown me that there is much more to eating than just meat and potatoes, its just one thing that gets her every time, her ribs SUCK, we eat them but man!! So I got her the pit barrel cooker, two bags of charcoal, 4 slabs of ribs and some pecan wood for Christmas, and other things of course. She has been after me to build her a smoke house for fish, cheese, and meats.....I have read many threads about various smokers and from what I read about how easy this thing cooks, with great results, I think she will love it. I use lump charcoal with my weber kettle, and big steel keg, but you have such a large learning curve she is just not interested.....Hope this one changes her mind. Anyway Merry Christmas to everyone, and happy grilling/smoking!!

·
Registered
43 Posts
I didn’t this year, but usually I do. I use my bbq all year long, kind of aim shoveling snow off the deck though.

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
Pit Barrel Cooker just rocks. Very easy to use, great results, very consistent, and you can cook a lot of ribs at one time. And you can smoke just about anything that will fit inside the cooker, and that's almost anything.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts