Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Looks like there are already holes but don't go all the way thru to attach nuts.

·
Registered
1,483 Posts
No need to drill holes. The hitch kit I bought bolted right up. You do have to fish the bolts through the frame to get them in the holes but they send fish wire and its easy to do.

Greg

·
Registered
259 Posts
No need to drill holes. The hitch kit I bought bolted right up. You do have to fish the bolts through the frame to get them in the holes but they send fish wire and its easy to do.

Greg
What hitch kit and/or hitch did you purchase? I am looking at upgrading with a new hitch when my trucks arrives.

·
Registered
226 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
The RV dealer installed my 16K Reese hitch today. They ordered the 2011 special custom brackets from Reese but couldn't mount them on my 3500 because the overload spring bracket is in the way. They reverted back to the standard angle brackets and had to drill new holes to make them work. I think the custom brackets will work on the 2500s though.
Unfortunately, the hitch had to be raised up and now my 5th wheel rides high in the front in order to clear the bed rails because this truck is taller and the bedrails are deeper than my '02 2500. Guess I'll be replacing the rear tires on the RV more frequently.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Had a Curt 20k installed yesterday on my 2011 4x4 dually at the Hitch House in Stockton Ca. GREAT guys to work with :cool: Couldn't get the underbed rails for my Reese Sig series hitch so went with the Curt and glad I did. Very slick connecting hitch. Does leave 2 flat rails about 3/4 of an inch high in the bed, but I run with the hitch in there 99.9% of the time anyway. No drilling required for the frame brackets...

·
Ride, shoot straight, and speak the truth.
4,279 Posts
Moved to Towing.

·
Registered
616 Posts
Had a Curt 20k installed yesterday on my 2011 4x4 dually at the Hitch House in Stockton Ca. GREAT guys to work with :cool: Couldn't get the underbed rails for my Reese Sig series hitch so went with the Curt and glad I did. Very slick connecting hitch. Does leave 2 flat rails about 3/4 of an inch high in the bed, but I run with the hitch in there 99.9% of the time anyway. No drilling required for the frame brackets...
I also have the curt 20k hitch and hate it! It never connects on the 1st try...ever! It is a nicely made hitch, but if youre on uneven ground, it is nearly impossible to get the jaws to lock completey without lots of jimmying back and forth with the truck...I have heard others on RV net make the same complaint. I keep it well greased too!!

1 - 8 of 8 Posts