Diesel Place banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just got my EFILIve package (Thanks Kennedy). I compared the base Throttle Position Quanity with that of an Alison LLY. Wow what a difference.

Just wondering if I was the only standart guy out there?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I did a couple of quick changes for jjgmc the other day. I haven't seen the LLY manual stock file yet though. Fire it on over!

Does yours run goofy when extremely cold and trying to drive slow or starting/stopping?

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Let me know how it works out for you, i'm interested in the efi live but still kinda on the fence between it and some other programing choices.

Thanx,
Caleb

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Did we mention it will do the Allison programming soon......oh hang on.....did I mention you won't use two licenses on your truck ;)

If you want, check the link in my sig below, you can download a fully functional demo of EFILive, well, you won't be able to program your truck, but you can see what it is all about. Not sure if any of the other tuning programs offer a demo version, for your benefit you should at least ask so you can do a real comparison.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
279 Posts
I have noticed a big difference in the LB7 ZF and ALLY ones as well... if we 6 speed guys use the tables from an allison tune somtimes it is jumpy and not very nice to drive....

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Notice that the TP table starts off much higher on the Ali then the ZF6.
I'm going to try increasing everything by a percentage. Maxing out like the Ali table. Next will try the low end for torque.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
Just guessing, but I suspect the Ally tables are larger due to TC slip when unlocked. With a manual, you are in "lock" all the time except immediately before and after shifts. Seems logical that it would be "twitchy" in the manual without all the hydraulic "buffering" from the Ally.

·
Registered
1,095 Posts
Did we mention it will do the Allison programming soon......oh hang on.....did I mention you won't use two licenses on your truck ;)

If you want, check the link in my sig below, you can download a fully functional demo of EFILive, well, you won't be able to program your truck, but you can see what it is all about. Not sure if any of the other tuning programs offer a demo version, for your benefit you should at least ask so you can do a real comparison.

Cheers,
Ross

·
Registered
837 Posts

You guys changed your minds on the 2nd license deal huh? Cool thanks you guys are awsome. Good thing about you guys you give us great news about new things quite often.

·
Registered
1,474 Posts
Ahh, no, the poster has a manual trans, not an Allison, it was a bit of a joke.
Like was discussed in the original TCM license thread, we put it to our Beta testers, "What should we do?", they all agreed a license should be used up for Allison tuning.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - Hope we are still 'awesome'

·
Registered
837 Posts
Ahh, no, the poster has a manual trans, not an Allison, it was a bit of a joke.
Like was discussed in the original TCM license thread, we put it to our Beta testers, "What should we do?", they all agreed a license should be used up for Allison tuning.

Cheers,
Ross

P.S - Hope we are still 'awesome'

Oh ok still cool, I don't need the other serial for any other vehicles so it will work just fine for my alli

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Is anyone having any good success tuning a zf truck yet, i hope to start tuning with mine here this week, if anyone has any good advice please send it my way!!!!!!!

Thanx,
Caleb

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #13
Depends on what you are looking for? Power , mileage or both. I have uploaded a tune to the reository. It does add a littl power and plays with boost. Download it as well as the stock manual tune and compare the changes. I have some other tunes with more power. You can PM me and I will send you one.

Have fun.
Peter

·
Registered
1,380 Posts
Thanx, i have not received my efi yet it should be here the first part of the week, but i have been playing with the demo version from their website, I'm gonna check out you r tune from the reposatory, mostly i want to have the same power as my ppe but try to use the boost control so that maybe i can tow with out having to retune. Thats probally imposable but well see!!!

Thanx,
Caleb

1 - 14 of 14 Posts