·
Registered
2,834 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
What do you think of it?

·
Registered
1,795 Posts
TFL Truck did the Ike Gauntlet with one, They seemed to be impressed. On their mileage test it got 34 real world mpg empty.

·
Premium Member
37 Posts
I drove them at the GM reveal in Redmond Oregon in August. I was so impressed that I ordered one that should be here this week! Excited like a kid at Christmas!

Jeff Schmelzer

·
Registered
14 Posts
I test drove one last Friday. Really impressed with the acceleration. I had the truck for about 5 hours, driving my normal commute route which i average 16 mpg in my 2014 5.3 netted 24.9 in the diesel. The truck I drove was an LTZ with Tech package, I really enjoyed the adaptive cruise, worked really well once I got used to it. The only reason I didn't move forward with the purchase was because the truck was white.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Just picked mine up Saturday, 4x4 crew cab. Awesome truck. Power is good, only had the car hauler with side by side behind it so far, Pulled well. Seems to be running good mpg’s. Going on a long trip this weekend will check in with a average mpg.

·
Registered
4,188 Posts

I hope you guys know that the 3.0 has a belt driven oil pump and 2 rear timing chains..... just pure genius Wile E. Coyote

·
Administrator
15,976 Posts

·
Registered
227 Posts
In the video, it tells you the belt-driven oil pump is a wet belt system rated for a minimum of 150,000 miles before service and is easily accessed and repaired by sliding the trans slightly back.
The chains are a no service item..
Would rather have 150k mile timing belt to change from the front of the engine.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Very Impressed so Far

What do you think of it?
Just put the first 1,000 miles on it mostly short runs and errands. Best mileage so far 35.7 on 35 mile trip at 60 mph. Averaging about 24.5 around town. I am new to the diesel thing so I am learning. The one thing that intrigues me is that the temp gauge stays at 160 for along time. It will move up to 180 after 10 minutes or so, but if you stop and shut it off for a short while it is back to 160! Only after driving for 20 minutes or so at highway speed does it get to 210. Outside temp has been in the mid thirties mostly here and the heater is good and toasty warm even at the low temps on the gauge.

·
Administrator
15,976 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

:thumb:

·
Registered
1 Posts
Have a RST CCSB arriving any day. My two sons both have Duramax CCSB, 1 LLY and 1 LBZ, so I have options when I need to tow something heavy. I'm looking forward to the tow experience with my sleds and my boat, and decent mpg when I'm not hooked up.

·
Registered
837 Posts
Had mine a couple weeks now (LTZ Z71), just over 1k miles. Love it so far, it is nothing compared to my L5P Dually but I bought it for mileage and work travel. It is doing exactly what I bought it for!

·
Registered
332 Posts
I want one for commuting also,but I want a regular cab shortbed. Al I need is power windows and locks, ac and a backup camera. Also 4wd. When will GM wake up?

·
Registered
98 Posts
I like the concept of a mid size diesel pick up. Not so sure about having another interval to worry about (the belt). It's got to be a 5-6 hour labor operation.

·
Registered
1,359 Posts
We have my wife's 2020 CCSB AT4 Carbon Pro on order. Tentative build date is 3/2. Can't wait to have a fuel saver for her. Shes coming from a 2011 GMC Sierra All Terrain with a 6.2.

·
Registered
395 Posts
I ordered one back in January , Denali c.c. dealer called today says week of March 16th for the build.
Be a wait yet, but getting excited.
I was going to trade my 17 l5p but it sold today, delivery on Saturday

Now if we could only get the 2.8 canyon my wife would be a happy camper. We placed a order on Dec 9th. Week later was told the 2020 were built out , then end of January gm opened 2021 ordering , but as of today still not offering the 2.8 diesel, gas pot only

·
Registered
227 Posts
Now if we could only get the 2.8 canyon my wife would be a happy camper. We placed a order on Dec 9th. Week later was told the 2020 were built out , then end of January gm opened 2021 ordering , but as of today still not offering the 2.8 diesel, gas pot only
With GM selling its Thailand operations to China I wonder if the 2.8L is no longer available. After all the only plant that manufactured it was in Thailand.

·
Registered
395 Posts
With GM selling its Thailand operations to China I wonder if the 2.8L is no longer available. After all the only plant that manufactured it was in Thailand.

Dealer called today said the 2.8 will not be ready / available till late summer or fall. He said order August with deliver late Oct
Gm informed him that they are definitely not dropping the engine , production issue!!! . So I guess with gm shutting the Thailand factory , the hold must be due to the move.

Wondering what the actual date will be.

1 - 20 of 20 Posts