Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I want to paint my 06 tow mirrors, but would like t see the big tow mirrors painted before I tack this project on. Thanks

·
Registered
2,149 Posts
I havnet seen any dmaxes with painted mirrors. Id say it would look about the same as the big ford mirrors painted. Id have to say that they look good.

·
Registered
708 Posts
Rippem painted his to match his red truck. Here is a pic of it that I found on the site. Maybe he will chime in.

Attachments

·
Registered
461 Posts
I want to paint mine also

·
Registered
9,606 Posts
I think it looks funny.

·
Registered
443 Posts
Why didn't he (Rippem) paint the inner part of the mirror? I've seen 2 '06 trucks with these mirrors painted, both were white and looked really good. but they had everything painted. I only saw them on the road driving, had they been in a parking lot, i would've checked 'em out more.

I want to know if you paint the part that slides out?

·
Registered
708 Posts
I just saw this truck on the bullydog website and thought that I would show it since it has the whole mirror painted, and because it is in a different color.

Attachments

·
Registered
405 Posts
I want to know if you paint the part that slides out?
Probably not, IMHO. The paint wouldn't last there because the fit is tight and pulling the mirrors in and out will remove the paint. I would expect that you'd paint maybe the first 1/4" or so as the gap doesn't totally disappear when the mirrors are fully in.

Also, painting the mounting and swivel parts really cleans up the look, IMHO.

Darn you guys...My mod list keeps growing!!!:D

·
Registered
448 Posts
that's not mine. It's a conversion truck at a NNY dealer. I found it on the net and gave me an idea of the look I'm going for this time. I did not get the tow mirrors...I can't deal with them aesthetically, and I sat in a truck and didn't see enough advantage to them for the ugliness.

I got the DL3's and will leave them black as well as the front valence. Much easier to care for in the buggy summer's...as I go back and forth to my boat alot.

I do have painted flares and 18's ready to go along with steps, grill, ect....

1 - 9 of 9 Posts