Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I figured I'd try each of the top 3. So far, I've tried FPPF Total Power, Stanadyne, and now I want to try Primrose. Why do I want to split an order? My truck did not run too well on Total Power (nothing against JK, I think Total Power just didn't mix well with the local fuel additives), and I just don't want the extra bottles around if it does not work well. So far, my truck seems to run best with Stanadyne, but I'd like to try Primrose. I'm looking to split a case of 6 Primrose 405 with someone in the northern Mpls suburbs (I live in Plymouth). PM or email me if intertested.

·
Registered
398 Posts
My truck runs very good on promise, so I don't think you'll have A problem, If you want to try it without buying a bunch give George a call and see if he'll sell just one or two bottles, The worst thing he will say is no, but I highly dought it.

George is a great guy to deal with.

·
Registered
9,300 Posts
Cant say how it will run for you but my cat and oem filter looked shiny with NO rust after 10k. My truck runs smoother with the additive. Buy a 2oz rx bottle to measure 1.6oz at the pump per 25 gAL.

I use the 405 primrose.

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
What you will find (not speaking for George here) is that individual bottle sales are fine for the mass merchants selling over the counter, but shipping often equals/outweighs the cost of the product sold. Add to that the individual invoicing, credit card processing/fees etc. Then there is the risk associated with a single bottle in that you must stuff the heck out of it and the box often end up getting thrown around, upside down etc.

A good example is that genrally, a 1-3# pkg going out of state on UPS is about $5-7. Add residential delivery fee which can be as much as $2.50. Add a buck or two to cover handling expenses, and we are at $8-$10

Spiltting a case with someone sounds like the best alternative. I have had a few instances where people cried foul after ordering a single filter which is a similar scenario to above.

George, Eric, and myself have all exprienced these issues without a doubt...

·
Registered
479 Posts
HEY! How much $$ for the stuff? I'm in Brooklyn Park, MN...

PM me.

Stefan

·
Registered
398 Posts
Hey Kennedy, do you sell promise also?

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
My preference is FPPF. My fuel supplier uses a basic "watered down" bulk version of Primrose.

·
Registered
430 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the comments on this. Newguy and I are splitting a case.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts