Diesel Place banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
When replacing my injector lines after a head change out, I removed the ground ring terminal for the FSD (the one encircled by the injection lines) to get a better angle. When putting the ring terminal back, I snapped off the stud. Long story short, I'm trying to find a replacement stud. Does anybody have a garbage pump that they could part out that stud? I'd love to buy one.

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
Where are you located? What year of truck is this for?

·
Registered
3,964 Posts
I have 2 or 3 pumps kicking around. Problem is I don't want the hassle of bringing them into the U.S to ship. I was hoping you were from Canada haha.

·
Premium Member
9,478 Posts
When replacing my injector lines after a head change out, I removed the ground ring terminal for the FSD (the one encircled by the injection lines) to get a better angle. When putting the ring terminal back, I snapped off the stud. Long story short, I'm trying to find a replacement stud. Does anybody have a garbage pump that they could part out that stud? I'd love to buy one.
Can you get the old stud out of the IP? If so, can you match the threads with stud stock from ACE hardware or Fastenal or ?. Or maybe use a short bolt?

·
Registered
2,881 Posts
Look up authorized stanadyne dealers and see if they have a scrap IP laying around.

Reactions: bk95td

·
Registered
4,318 Posts
Look up authorized stanadyne dealers and see if they have a scrap IP laying around.
My local Standyne shop had a couple hundred DS4 IP's laying around. They quit rebuilding them and only sell new replacements[$1200].

·
Super Moderator Eco-Logistical
4,271 Posts
I'm in Mt holly nc and i have a scrap ip sitting in my shop

·
Registered
64 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Thanks for the responses, I'm looking for the stud, the two spacers and the o-ring that come out with it. I do have a local standyne dealer I'll call tomorrow morning. If that doesn't pan out, I'll send you a PM.
Thanks everybody.

·
Registered
9,976 Posts
Contact "dieselpro".

1 - 11 of 11 Posts