Diesel Place banner

Status
Not open for further replies.
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi, I was surfing around and came upon a throttle body spacer for our trucks. I know the Cameo/Rustang guys use them and they seem to help. I was just wondering if anyone was using one on their truck. I haven't heard about these at all until today. Here's a link to one:

http://www.jcwhitney.com/autoparts/Product/showCustom-0/Pr-p_Product.CATENTRY_ID:2005658/c-10614/Nty-1/p-2005658/Ntx-mode+matchallpartial/N-10614/tf-Browse/s-10101/Ntk-AllTextSearchGroup?Ntt=helix%20plus%20throttle%20body%20spacer

They don't show the ones for the diesel's online, but the part numbers for diesels are as follows:

LB7 - CC504574
LLY - CC270495

they're listed at $99.95. They also claim up to 22 HP, 25 tq, and up to 4 mpg improvement. I don't believe those numbers for a minute, but I've read 1-2 mpg improvement in gas engines and better HP and torque because of better fuel/air mixture. Just thought I'd throw this out there for discussion and/or evaluation. Thanks.

Attachments

·
Registered
13,596 Posts
I think that if something so simple really helped,the factory would put em' on.

·
Registered
693 Posts
Everyone knows are is better whens its clockwise):h

Who didnt know that???

·
Registered
960 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I jsut learned how to do a search and found a couple of links regarding these.

I guess it's another snake oil/urban legend/bunch-a-BS item. Thanks.

·
Registered
1,457 Posts
might work if we had a throttle body on the trucks.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
AND a fuel/air mixture! This is absolutely not applicable to a turbocharged direct-injection compression-ignition engine - you know, a diesel!

·
Registered
1,880 Posts
Snake oil in our trucks.

My experiences with the 1" spacer under a carb is that it may raises the top end power and kills bottom end. Kinda like a like a single plane manifold.

·
Registered
6,504 Posts
I've got to agree with you, Yaz. The spacer is just adding runner length to the manifold. The "swirl" is pure BS. The fuel/air mixing is not much on a carb or injection throttle body and NOTHING to a fuel injected engine with the injectors in the runners right outside the intake valves. As far as diesel - you've got to be kidding!

·
Registered
1,870 Posts
Idle Chatter is right, our engines do not rely on fuel/air ratio to run properly. A diesel continues to burn fuel with or with out the right amount of air. The more fuel and less air= higher EGTS less fuel more air= lower EGTS.

1 - 10 of 10 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.