Diesel Place banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I plan on adding a RollNLock to my truck, but would prefer mounting it on top of plastic bed rail covers. RollNLock's application guide list two different part numbers for '03 trucks with and without bed rail covers. I didn't see bed rail covers as an option when I got the truck, so I'm wondering why some trucks apparently come with them, and some don't. If I add a set, can I add OEM ones, or just aftermarket ones?

thanks-

Mark

·
Registered
46 Posts
I put Bushwacker rail covers on. They stick with 3m tape but don't stay on very well. You can buy oem from GM parts direct for the same price and they may stay on better. The frame from your RollNLock may help keep them down.

·
Registered
294 Posts
Try Wal-mart for waterproof 3m tape, hardwear dept., cheaper than dealer. Used it on my last truck and had too leave them, Diamond plate Dee-Zee aluminum rails,on or I would have peeled the paint or bent them so I bought a new set. Just make sure you clean both surfaces very well before installation. I use rubbing alcohol or brake cleaner.

·
Registered
958 Posts
I bought the GM accessories plastic bed rail caps.. No issues with the tape, I had to buy them again for my '03 because there was no way in hell that I would have been able to pull them off of my '02.

·
Registered
224 Posts
You might want to try your local Rhino Line place. - Mine will put the bed rails on for me and they heat the truck, just like when they do the Rhino Line, so the tape adhears (sp) better.

·
Registered
50 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
Thanks for the info guys. I bought a set from the GM parts counter, $125 for the pair. GMPartsDirect had them for $35 less, but then wanted to charge $30 shipping. No thanks, I'll go to the dealer...

Mark

1 - 6 of 6 Posts