Diesel Place banner
1 - 20 of 20 Posts

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
any update for that or a work around for the stupid EGR codes? i just ordered my 5" open exhaust and want to be able to drive around with no ses light coming on

·
Registered
161 Posts
Where did you get a 5" exhaust at???????????

I ordered one from Bullydog(thet said it would fit) then the person i purchased it from called me back and said "no go the 5" for the lbz hits the frame" so i got a 4" instead.:ro)

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
i got the summit racing exhaust, if it hits the frame i guess ill have to send it back, all the frames should be the same though

·
Registered
382 Posts
There is another thread identical to this one that was started a couple days ago. Fingers replied that he wants to try one out on an LBZ but he needs a volunteer. So search for that thread and volunteer your new baby.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
i would but i am liek 5 hours away from him

·
Registered
161 Posts
And i`m in Cali..........sorry.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
cobra is it loud with the cat off and theyre muffler they give you?

·
Registered
2,579 Posts
The turbo is really loud, have been told it sounds like one of those jet blowers they use to clean off race tracks...lol

Its not as loud as the LB7 with the straight pipe, but this Turbo makes the exhaust quieter anyway. Sounds good, I am happy with the sound, the fit, was only ok at best, ended up welding the tailpipe on.

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
Call PPE. They have an egr code fix device for 160$. It was released a week and a half ago.

·
Registered
354 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
damn $160 i sure someone will have one for cheaper soon

·
Registered
498 Posts
I'll wait for a cheaper version.

·
Registered
31 Posts
I'll wait for a cheaper version.
I've got the Finger Stick working fine here on my 06 LLY (uses the same Bosch 32bit ECM as LBZ).

A little patience, a little solder and remember, the blue wire goes to the BROWN/WHITE wire on the EGR sensor. 25 bucks. How can you complain about that price?

·
Registered
693 Posts
Hey Hamdiesel, What kind of boost are you getting?

·
Registered
1,460 Posts
I've got the Finger Stick working fine here on my 06 LLY (uses the same Bosch 32bit ECM as LBZ).

A little patience, a little solder and remember, the blue wire goes to the BROWN/WHITE wire on the EGR sensor. 25 bucks. How can you complain about that price?
so it is working know

·
Registered
260 Posts
I'm not into cplicing on the new truck yet either. I haven't looked because I don't know where all the parts are yet. Here's my question, could you buy a new harness from GM splice the fingers stick into it and then replace the stock one ont he truck or is it not simply one complete piece?

I just want to be able to go back to stock without splices.

·
Registered
210 Posts
I would think all you would need is a few electrical plugs, and plug it between the mas and egr. I would pay alot more for a plug and play finger stick.

·
Registered
5,255 Posts
I would think all you would need is a few electrical plugs, and plug it between the mas and egr. I would pay alot more for a plug and play finger stick.
Ditto. The Boost Stick can be easily removed for trips to the stealership. If the same thing could be done with the Fingers Stick, I't could easily sell for $50 or $75.

·
Vendor
9,677 Posts

Sounds excellent. Soon a s I hear from a few more success stories I'll consult with Fingers and add the 06 to the coverage list...

1 - 20 of 20 Posts