Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I would like to upgrade my tranny to hold more power safely. can you do this without killing the warranty? anyone know of a shop in the gulfcoast area (Ms,La, Al)?

·
Registered
16,617 Posts
The dealership won't even know if you've had your transmission ugpraded. It's not like you would take your truck to them for transmission work anyway after you've had it build up.

·
Registered
1,621 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
that's great Mad. I'm new to this whole bracket. So it will void my warranty if I beef up the tranny. I might still do it just so I don't get stranded on the side of the road. I'm paranoid of getting on my truck with the power mods I already have on it. The amount of restraint it takes is worse than quitin' smoking. in some way's i guess I have!!!

·
Registered
14,320 Posts
Properly done Allison upgrade with all the good parts should last 250K with proper servicing. Warranty is 36K from GM. No brainer.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
The nice thing about the Allison is that its smart enough and safe enough that even if you smoke and burn something, it will (9 times out of 10) not leave you stranded on the side of the road. Worst case scenario you'll be stuck in 3rd gear/limp mode.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Thanks, i was wondering what limp mode was. on the few occasions that i did romp on my truck it bucked alot. hard to believe but i couldn't tell if this was tire spin or slipping or what. and when i romp on it it shifts kind of funny going through gear almost too fast. not hitting the power band. I don't do it often. It just doesn't put power to pavement. if its peeling out it sure doesn't feel like all other car, trucks that peel out. I want my truck to be super bad. and reliable. this is the best, most expensive vehicle i've ever owned. I am willing to spend in order to get it. I LOVE YOUR INTERIOR DURAtothe MAX!
I just got denali dash piece in my truck. my truck is pretty fine too. all painted plastic, and such. escalade gauges coming in next week.

·
Premium Member
20,561 Posts
Just be careful beating on the transmission too much...the more you limp it (you'll know when you limp it. It gets stuck in 3rd gear and "RANGE SHIFT INHIBITED" comes up in the driver info center) the worse the tranny gets...

thanks for the compliment on my interior! :)

Ben

1 - 8 of 8 Posts