Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Just wondering if any of the supporting vendors on here carry the 2" rear superlift blocks that are tapered? I have the add-a-leaf in the shop, but not sure if I want to put it on because I really don't need the extra weight capacity. Just want a little lift is all.

Thanks in advance,

~Travis

·
Vendor
9,676 Posts
I would suggest adding the leaf and leaving the block out. Blocks are not really a good idea as they affect axle wrap which can be a big issue in a high torque application.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
How much will adding the add-a-leaf affect my ride? I don't mind a stiffer ride, but I don't want it riding like a lumber wagon! Will I get the full 2" lift out of the add-a-leaf?

Thanks

·
Registered
369 Posts
How much will adding the add-a-leaf affect my ride? I don't mind a stiffer ride, but I don't want it riding like a lumber wagon! Will I get the full 2" lift out of the add-a-leaf?

Thanks
It will be stiffer, but not lumber wagon stiff. Getting 2" out of it-slim. The 2 in block will work fine, so many factory trucks come with 2 " blocks. And you wont get axle wrap on a 2500 just by a 2" block. Hell I had a custom 6" block at time:eek: and only had a little wrap.

·
Registered
549 Posts
Super Dutys come with 2 inch blocks and the SRW F350 comes with a 4 inch block from the factory. Never had an issue with mine.

·
Registered
281 Posts
It will be stiffer, but not lumber wagon stiff. Getting 2" out of it-slim. The 2 in block will work fine, so many factory trucks come with 2 " blocks. And you wont get axle wrap on a 2500 just by a 2" block. Hell I had a custom 6" block at time and only had a little wrap.
You are right in factory form small lift blocks will be fine for axle wrap. However, once you start lifting and adding power increasers you will start to incounter more and more axle wrap. Even without a block, you add enough power to the stock suspension you will get axle wrap. If I were you I would get the block for the time being, see how it performs. If you start noticing axle wrap either get a new set of lift leaves or traction bars.

·
Registered
919 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Thanks for the info guys! I already have a set of add-a-leafs, but I will probly just get a set of blocks for now. Easier to install and don't cost a whole lot. I'm only running stock power right now, but am getting a predator tuner in the future. Should be good to go though. If I don't like them, I can always put the add-a-leafs in.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts