Diesel Place banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anybody into smoking? And if so what how about sharing what you smoke with and maybe some favorite recipes.

I am using a Masterbuilt electric and get pretty good results. This is my second one and I have stuck with electric because it is simple to control and you can leave it unattended for a long cook. But I am thinking about upgrading to a good offset smoker.

·
Registered
16,223 Posts
I have a masterbuilt too, smoke mostly Butts. Mine is a offset one that uses wood pellets.
I bet I can smoke 10 butts easy with mine. 220 degrees for 23 hours

Reactions: lmm2tow

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
You can never go wrong with a good but. What is your favorite rub?

·
Registered
1,000 Posts
I just purchased a Traeger Pro 575 (pellet smoker) and am starting to experiment. Would love to have see some good recipes/recommendations from experienced smokers!

·
Registered
18 Posts
I ended up building my own ugly drum smoker and have done a few tri tips and pork ribs. Currently I am using smoker tubes with pellets since I am just trying to use them up but they don't generate enough heat so I also do a small pile of charcoal for that. Still learning how to maintain the heat using the intake and exhaust vents that I put on it. My recipes so far have been as simple as a mesquite steak rub but I also have used a combination of mustard, honey, bbq sauce, garlic powder and some Cajun spice.

·
Registered
6,327 Posts
Forgot to upload a picture of the diy ugly drum smoker.
And don't think we didn't notice the beer bottle opener on the side :thumb:

Reactions: lmm2tow

·
Banned
37 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
I just purchased a Traeger Pro 575 (pellet smoker) and am starting to experiment. Would love to have see some good recipes/recommendations from experienced smokers!
Yes please, I would love to see some recipes!:thumb:

1 - 9 of 9 Posts