Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 41 Posts

·
Registered
20 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
If you have the EC, do you regret not getting the CC?

If you have the CC SB, do you regret not getting the EC LB?

When you go to replace your existing truck, will you get same or different?

I know, lotta damn questions. LOLOL

·
Registered
107 Posts
No regrets here!!! As you can see in my signature CC, SB. I tow a 30ft (11k lbs+ loaded) 5th wheel toy hauler using a Reese 16K sliding hitch with no problems. I've owned a few trucks, mostly Chevys and this by far is the best.

Chris

·
Registered
263 Posts
I traded my EC GMC w/184,000 mi and liked the CC, but went with the EC. I did not see enough room for two 12" subs in the CC.Edited by: easymon4u

·
Registered
2,362 Posts
No regrets...this is my third crew cab with the short bed. I do not see any change in future trucks.

·
Registered
1,005 Posts
No regrets w/my EC. Altho originally p.o'd that they made the extra doors std ~ but I'm over that now. I can appreciated those loving their CC but there's just the missus and I ~ the EC is just fine ~ plus after >30yrs of imports ~ I'm still working at adjusting how big everything is.

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
My first CC now.. I regret not doing this along time ago... I always had ex cabs, but thats likely because I always had 1/2 tonners... By far the best truck I have owned

·
Banned
2,530 Posts
I love my CC SB. The crew cad is only like 3" longer and a ton better. fold the seats down in a CC then go fold the seat of a EC up, no contest. Roll down the window in he back of an EC, oh yeah, you can't. Ever take an EC to home depot? Open the front door so you can open the back door, of coarse so jerk is parked close to you, it's a little tuff to load up. These are some of the things I hear when guys I'm talking to are wishing they went with the CC. As far as the LB/SB debate goes, I'll stick with the short. The reality of it is that the SB is 6 3/4' long. That's plenty of room for most people. I have a LB HD 6.0 at work and it sucks, plain and simple, i don't just mean the engine either. That 15-16" really makes a big difference in maneuverability. The only time that extra bed really comes in handy is one or twice a year when we get ply wood. I'd rather haul some stuff with the gate down than deal with the length all the time. Last but not least, the CC LB of any brand has a nick name up here, "circus wagon" because they look goofy when they're not a dually.
That just my opinion, you're welcome...

Ox

·
Registered
4,140 Posts
BlueOx03 said:
I love my CC SB. The crew cad is only like 3" longer and a ton better. fold the seats down in a CC then go fold the seat of a EC up, no contest. Roll down the window in he back of an EC, oh yeah, you can't. Ever take an EC to home depot? Open the front door so you can open the back door, of coarse so jerk is parked close to you, it's a little tuff to load up. These are some of the things I hear when guys I'm talking to are wishing they went with the CC.

Ox

I agree. For me cost was an issue this time, next time I will get the CC. Also, I have the bucket seats. With the 3 yr old in his car seat his feet come to rest on the center console. I'm not sure if he could reach it in a CC.

·
Registered
1,360 Posts
You don't say what you plan on using the truck for?

I've driven Dooleys since '85. My preference is EC mostly due to the fact that the CC is 12" longer and the short bed configuration isn't even a consideration for what I want to do with a truck.

I could have bought a CC right off the lot around here that was equiped just like I wanted. In fact, that's what I drove since a local dealer had one with everything I wanted and I'd not driven a D/A. I even took it and tried it in the garage. It's just too big. This new EC is three inches longer than the old one, so the CC was fifteen inches longer. It does make a difference in the turning radius as well.

So you need to decide what you're going to use it for and how many people you'll usually have with you will be part of that consideration.

edit info:

Just looking at the brochure for the trucks and the one I have shows a two inch difference between the 2500 and 3500 overall length of the EC LB trucks, that can't be right? Shows the 2500 being two inches longer. The 3500 shows 11.5 inches longer for the CC over the EC, while the 2500 shows 9.5 inches longer. They should be the same I think, misprint maybe? Oh well, if you're really that interested in the exact figures, head on over to GM's web site...
Edited by: Zeeb

·
Registered
242 Posts
I have a CC/SB and wanted a LB but they were tough to find, maybe the "circus wagon" comment is why they're not made much. It works out because I haul plywood and lumber for projects a few times a year but mainly haul items that are packed. The other big thing is fits in my garage. The LB wouldn't and I have a deep garage. I second everyones opinion that it really matters what you're going to do with yours. Just because ours work for us, you might not like them for the reasons we like ours.

·
Registered
398 Posts
Never have regretted my choice.

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
Like Eric, I regret not waiting back in 00 and buying a 1/2 ton again, until last year. Although I have missed my long box from time to time, it just wouldn't have fit in my garage, and I just don't have the funds right now to build a new house to go with my truck.

·
Registered
490 Posts
This is my first EC. Had regular cabs and 3 SB half tons. I drove a CC LB, for work, back in the 80's and I agree with the Circus Wagon comment, plus it was hell to maneuver in parking lots, and got 8 mpg with its small block 350. I don't miss it.

I really don't see much of a diff between LB and SB.

·
Registered
747 Posts
I wanted a long bed because once you put a tool chest in a short bed, you don't have much bed to work with. It is a little aggravating in parking lots at times, but mainly because of people who don't know how to park a small vehicle.

·
Registered
962 Posts
my ONLY regret is the sh*tty factory non cd non tape radio they offer in the rubber floored work truck..but rubber floors were worth more to me than the radio..oh well.

·
Registered
245 Posts
Had a 2002 8.1L/Allison CC 4WD SB. Just got my 2004 D/A CC 4WD SB. Not regrest at all.

cmc

·
Registered
747 Posts
Wickedsprint said:
my ONLY regret is the sh*tty factory non cd non tape radio they offer in the rubber floored work truck..but rubber floors were worth more to me than the radio..oh well.

I have the rubberized floors in my truck, SLE w/cd & cassette. It was available for the '03 but you would probably have had to order it. I had to order mine to get it the way I wanted it.

·
Registered
22 Posts
I love my 2004 GMC D/A CC LB. Great hauler and all around people mover.

·
Registered
85 Posts
I've got the CC SB and love it. An EC would have been fine for the kids now but they're not getting any smaller and I remember the salesman in the back of the EC telling me "its not that bad". No, not for a 1/2 test drive! I wasn't real fond of the doors on the EC for the reasons BlueOx03 mentions. The CC has worked really well for the family. I have had a couple of occasions where a long bed would have been nice but that is when I use my dump trailer.

I would say that after test driving the EC and CC I liked the feel of the CC better. I guess it comes down to how you plan on using your truck.

·
Registered
141 Posts
I went from a EC to a CC, more room for passengers, leg room, more junk I can throw inside the truck rather then leaving it in the bed. DVD player is great for the kids. CC. I would buy another one in a heartbeat.

1 - 20 of 41 Posts