Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
86 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
iam thinkin about gettin a LB7 preferablly with under 75K on it...is there any reasons why i wouldnt want one??? i've heard there the best of the dmax's...and get the best MPG right??? thanks

·
Registered
6,576 Posts
Only one I can think of is the Injectors

·
Registered
222 Posts
Same as above injectors, maybe a glow plug relay. Great motors as far as I can tell. pretty safe with a low mile truck like that also.

·
Registered
2,909 Posts
Good motors with noted exceptions, but every new generation has been better than the last...

·
Registered
1,558 Posts
even with some of the upgrades to the newer models i'm still thinking the LB7 is the motor to beat and am not planning on parting with mine unless I get some crazy cash offer from someone.

·
Registered
16,234 Posts
I have over 200k miles on mine.....som repairs of as late, water pump, batteries, injectors, alternator....not bad for 200k miles, got as high as 27 mpg but usually between 22-24 mpg, GM warrantied the injectors except labor...but they called and are sending me a check for it...

·
Registered
2,989 Posts
Reasons not to get and LB7 (sarcastic):

They are much harder to get to overheat than most LLYs
They get better fuel economy on average than LBZ or LMMs do
The 48 state models have no EGR or Cat

·
Registered
1,303 Posts
I've had an alternator go and transfer case from pump rub. Soon will need batts. At 146,000 mi not too bad. Still stock injectors. I get great milage and love the power at stock. Truck is a "sexy beast" and best of all doesnt look like the cookie cutter f350s I see on the road daily.

·
Registered
25 Posts
My O3 Junk

iam thinkin about gettin a LB7 preferablly with under 75K on it...is there any reasons why i wouldnt want one??? i've heard there the best of the dmax's...and get the best MPG right??? thanks
HEY GM HAS A MAJOR PROBLEM OR THEY WOULD NOT BE PUTTIN SETS OF INJECTORS AT 4,000 A SET IT HARD TO CHANGE THEM . IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY ONE 06 OR LATER . THEY PUT INJECTORS IN MINE AND TWO HAVE FAILLED IN LESS THAT 7,000. THEY REFUSED TO WARRANTY THEM JACK SHCMITT CHEVY COLLINSVILLE IL .THEY LIED TO GM REP . MAKE SURE U FIND A GOOD DEALER FOR WAREANTYS

·
Glamis Kodiak
7,490 Posts
HEY GM HAS A MAJOR PROBLEM OR THEY WOULD NOT BE PUTTIN SETS OF INJECTORS AT 4,000 A SET IT HARD TO CHANGE THEM . IF YOU ARE GOING TO BUY ONE 06 OR LATER . THEY PUT INJECTORS IN MINE AND TWO HAVE FAILLED IN LESS THAT 7,000. THEY REFUSED TO WARRANTY THEM JACK SHCMITT CHEVY COLLINSVILLE IL .THEY LIED TO GM REP . MAKE SURE U FIND A GOOD DEALER FOR WAREANTYS
this is the crap that pisses me off about the dealers, No reason for this , they could have warranteed no problem.

Makes you say WHY ...... A holes.

We should have a list for GM of all the crappy dealers that dont know how to do there job.

Gasuout

·
Registered
90 Posts
I am on my 3rd trans, 2nd was a stage 4 and now a stage 5 suncoast. I did my injectors at 101,000 and i just replaced my motor in my truck at 114,000 with an 04 lb7 cuz i broke the crankshaft. This past year has been pretty costly for me, hope my luck changes.

·
Registered
1,022 Posts
I would trade my LLY for another LB7 in a heartbeat.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts