with Single Hydroformed 4.0" Tips
2001-04

• Silverado/Sierra 2500 HD 6.6L Diesel CC/SB #15201* $899.99
    Silverado/Sierra 2500 HD 6.6L Diesel CC/LB #15203* $899.99
    Silverado/Sierra 2500 HD 6.6L Diesel EC/SB #15204* $899.99
    SilveradoSierra 2500 HD 6.6L Diesel Downpipe (exc. CA) #15202** $179.99​
2001-05
Silverado/Sierra 3500 HD 6.6L Diesel CC/LB (Dually) #15210* $899.99​
* Licensed through an agreement with General Motors Corporation.

the price is kind of high but i do not think it voids warrenty

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
supposed to be very quiet as tested in Diesel Power mag

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
that is where my friend saw it....both of us are looking for something bigger but quiet

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
looks and sound appealing , but it is not cheap , I would pay for it if it was quiet . as my Magnaflow has some drone at cruising

·
Registered
682 Posts
I Have This Exhaust On My Truck. Pretty Quiet Not Much Drone In The Truck. Makes Nice Sound When You Put Your Foot In It..
However It Is Very Costly. You Can Buy Other Brands At Half The Price..
Got The Turbo Back System And The Chevy Dealer Installed It And Its Warrenty By My Dealer.. They Do Have To Up Date The Computer To Keep From Throwing Codes Once They Remove The Cat.
I Will Remove The Muffler When It Warms Up This Spring..
Would Be Glad To Answer Any Questions For You That I Can..
there are some pics in my garage of the system.

Arm

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
my thing is the price on it. 899 is high 304 compared to the MBRP which is arouns 725

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
brianteel,

Be sure to ask them for the back pressure figures on their muffler when installed on a Duramax, then ask them what the stock muffler numbers were.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
do you guys happen to have the numbers for stock exhaust

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
they state a 68% drop in back pressure

We dropped the back pressure by 68% from the stock muffler.

The truck has a much better throttle response. If you installed the system, drove the truck for a while, then drove the same truck with the stock exhaust, the truck would feel very lazy when on the throttle.

This is the finest system out on the market for the Duramax. You will not find a better sounding or performing system for your truck.

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
brianteel,

Check the reflective technology muffler they talk about in that article. Check the flow path of the exhaust gasses, it's restrictive. Now it'll be quieter too, but the EGT drop from folks that have called us and replaced it with an MBRP has been very minimal because of the muffler design.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
1,242 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
I think i am going to end with the MBRP or nothing....

·
Registered
739 Posts
corsa's it!

Thanks for the information. i was just going to ask the same questions. I am a bit :confused: about a dealer removing a cat. My dealer blames my "oversized tires" for everything they can( 265's).

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
dealer removed your cat ? did I hear that right !!! dont let them bully you around about the tires , your tires affect the speedo only. They may try and deny you trans warranty with them on but ,state that the 1 ton with single axles have 265 from the factory.

·
Registered
739 Posts
I already made them very aware that I know 1ton srw come with them. Since Eric left, this dealer-:t . The last time I had it in, the only thing they did is what I didn't want done as I still have two of the old fuel filters as home in boxes. The other complaints are still there like I told them.

·
Registered
74 Posts
The corsa is extremely well made. The systm does not drone in cab and as far as talk of restriction from another vendor makers me wonder about pushing what he sells. The corsa is a nice compliment to the duramax.

·
Registered
682 Posts
Yes, The Dealer Removed My Cat.. I Thoufht It Was A Great Thing To Have Them Do. Then When I Go In They Can Not Turn On Me...

Arm

·
Registered
1,857 Posts
fieldoc,

As I said check how the flow is in the muffler, you'll see exactly what I mentioned, a fairly significant restriction. Why do you think the stock system is so quiet, RESTRICTION. Take a look at the diagram of their muffler crossection.

Mark @ DPPI

·
Registered
537 Posts
I wonder how the Corsa can be restrictive too. It is basically a straight pipe all the way through there is a small hole in the 4-inch pipe inside the inlet of the muffler and another small hole inside the pipe in the outlet of the muffler...holes maybe about the size of a quarter. That is it. There are no baffles and no louvers whatsoever inside the 4-inch pipe. It looks to be constructed as close to a straight pipe rather than a muffler on the inside as a real straight pipe itself. It's a wonder that the Corsa is as quiet as it is.

Here is a picture from the website:

Note the slots in the inlet and outlet of the muffler, but no louvers or baffles directing flow into the slots. The Duramax exhaust that I looked at did not have those slots but rather the two small holes as I described. If I did not hear it myself, I would not have believed that the Corsa equipped LLY could be quieter than the stock LB7 in the same parking lot...considerably quieter. Exhaust gas flows...your talking fluid flow dynamics -- exhaust taking the path of least resistance. I can't imagine why the Corsa would be restrictive -- it's practically a straight pipe.

The Corsa system for a 5.3 truck looks the same -- straight pipe with two small holes inside the inlet and outlet. It does have a nice note to it, even in the Touring version. The diesel one is quiet, no performance sound to it at all, IMO. I'd wager that some folks might trade the Corsa for an MBRP for "better" (purely subjective) sound.

·
Registered
739 Posts
restriction

you will have a bit of turbulance where the exhaust is routed back into the exhaust stream. That is the only thing that will slow the exit of your gasses.As far as egt's, Some exhausts may lower them more, but usually there is the noise that goes along with it. I would think if you're not going too hot on your fuel management, you would not notice any adverse affects of a little turbulance produced by the corsa.But them again, the competitors exhausts all seemto have "strategically placed dimples" or whatever their term is inside their mufflers, so what's the diff?

1 - 20 of 31 Posts
Status
Not open for further replies.