Diesel Place banner

1 - 20 of 63 Posts

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
All this FUD (fear,uncertainty,doubt) about injectors failing, so I'm wondering
if it's inevitable or just a high(?) probability it will happen? Any high mileage
owners out there that have not had their injectors replaced?

:cool:

·
Registered
6,918 Posts
Well, injectors are a wear item...Sooner or later, they are going to either fail or produce less than optimal engine performance.
That being said, there are some out there that have made it 200k+, and some that didn't make it 10k....

·
Registered
270 Posts
I hope I don't jinx myself here, but I have 77,000 without problems...knocking on wood!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
Injectors = prostate!

We're all gonna have problems sooner or later.

·
Registered
225 Posts
Injectors = prostate!

We're all gonna have problems sooner or later.
To prolong the life of either, you gotta "clean the pipes" once in a while.

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
To prolong the life of either, you gotta "clean the pipes" once in a while.
That's exactly what I keep tellin' her!

·
Registered
9 Posts
just to add, my 02 just made it 65000 miles took it in for the fuel filter recall and they hooked the tech2 up to my truck for low power, guess what, need new injectors lol

·
Registered
4,132 Posts
Im skeerd at 42,000 and waiting un patiantly!!:eek: :(

·
Registered
46 Posts
99385 and counting, nothing wrong yet. Probably won't have any problems until 100,001. Isn't that the way it works?

·
Registered
270 Posts
99385 and counting, nothing wrong yet. Probably won't have any problems until 100,001. Isn't that the way it works?
You have until 200k or 7 yrs on the lb7. GM extended the injector warranty because there seemed to be some bad batches that made it into our trucks. Just make sure they are still good before you hit 200k. I have 115k on my origional injectors and have had no problems.

·
Registered
310 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
"You have until 200k or 7 yrs on the lb7."

As others have pointed out, this *only* applies to '01 and '02 trucks.

·
Registered
291 Posts
I had 80000 miles on my 2001 with no problems ever, of course I was running a Kennedy mega filter since 25000 miles.

·
Registered
840 Posts
64,000 No problems so far. I purchased the truck used and pulled the service history and it was clean.

·
Registered
367 Posts
89,000 miles, ZERO PROBLEMS, POST OEM FILTRATION SINCE 26,000 on my `02 .............knock on wood

·
Registered
825 Posts
Test

just to add, my 02 just made it 65000 miles took it in for the fuel filter recall and they hooked the tech2 up to my truck for low power, guess what, need new injectors lol
Did you ask them to put the tech2 on, or ask them to check it out, or does your dealer do it just as a good service tool?

I rarely take mine into a dealer, except if it breaks (hasn't yet) or there is a recall. This might be a good post issue. Dealer maintained with issues or owner maintained with issues. hmmm

·
Registered
1,388 Posts
I too have 77K and not had any injector problems.
Change filter every 15K and running Hypertech on 70 HP setting.

1 - 20 of 63 Posts