Diesel Place banner
1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I live in sarasota, just bought an 08 LMM and Im looking to buy and get a bunch of mods installed dpf delete exhaust system possibly new up pipe some sort of tune etc. Not sure yet on all the mods doing alot of reading. Anyone know of a good shop in the area to buy and have installed or just at least trustworthy to install the stuff bought online?

Thanks
Mike

·
Registered
10,030 Posts
Not sure if a shop can legally do a DPF delete for you. May have to do that part yourself or with a buddy.

Brian

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Well here in FL it seems like even if its illegal as long as you sign off on it you can get it done. A few examples fireworks being illegal, yet you can buy the real ones signing a release saying you are using for agricultural use. My 07 truck got the windows tinted darker than legal just signing a waiver at the shop. Even if it is an issue the exhause probably wouldnt be that hard to do myself. Thanks for the input tho.

Mike

·
Registered
329 Posts
I installed my own DPF deleate exhaust. only took me two hours. If u buy it, I'll help u put it in. Just buy the pizza and beer. The tuners are easy to do on your own, just read the instructions- plug and play. Unless you go with EFI live...little complicated.
I had Sonny (skintback) on here install my transgo jr. He is pretty good when it comes to transmission stuff. I believe he is also a Suncoast dealer. Not sure though!
If your in Sarasota, Tampa is not far. There are severL shops up here that install and do good quality lifts if that what your looking for.

Hope this helps. Good luck.

·
Registered
228 Posts
Well here in FL it seems like even if its illegal as long as you sign off on it you can get it done. A few examples fireworks being illegal, yet you can buy the real ones signing a release saying you are using for agricultural use. My 07 truck got the windows tinted darker than legal just signing a waiver at the shop. Even if it is an issue the exhause probably wouldnt be that hard to do myself. Thanks for the input tho.

Mike
its not illegal to buy the fireworks..its illegal to use them. the window tint..for them to have a waiver....thats illegal. I have never heard anyone signing a waiver. i've always had to pay cash with NO receipt.

·
Registered
70 Posts
copecustoms.com he does good work ask solo they do some nice trucks in the bradenton area and i believe bobby still works at usa transmissions so he can do any tranny work you need also

·
Registered
228 Posts
copecustoms.com he does good work ask solo they do some nice trucks in the bradenton area and i believe bobby still works at usa transmissions so he can do any tranny work you need also
true....let me know!

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
There any shops up near bradenton area where I could get some stuff done? Looking to get a turbo back, want rid of the dpf, and a programmer. Undecided on what to go with.

·
Registered
329 Posts
the exhaust can be done by you and a buddy. Not that hard. just plug the programmer in and go. Takes a few hours if its your first time.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #11 ·
Yea I've been reading thread after thread on different tuners and exhaust. Still a little lost on what to go with. I know I want to get rid of the dpf so that rules some tuners out since they dont have a dpf delete option.

·
Registered
329 Posts
well since we live in florida, you can get away with having an aluminized exhaust system. But if you want stainless, Magnaflows stainless is about what an MBRP aluminized one would be! up to you.
If you want unlimited tuning capability, then efi live is the way to go. PPE is good for a handheld, so is the Quadzilla. All three can eliminate the dpf. I went with quad because it was the best bang for the buc in my opinion. Depending on which route I take my truck in the future, I will probably need a different tuner though. All depends on what you wanna do later and what u can afford to do now.

·
Registered
136 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
I'm thinking since I have a laptop mounted on a stand in the truck efilive would be a cool option to go with but its pricey. I also like the evo juice with monitor thing. But again being I have a laptop right there efi might be a good option. I do want to get another computer to program and leave the stock one alone. I hear dealers can tell if you do this but I think it'd still be better than programming the stock one.. Damn decisions decisions. I have a predator for my 06 gasser and I'd definately not buy one for the diesel doesnt have enough control. I dunno.. the exhaust thing has me confused also all these say turbo back but i hear you catually have to buy another pipe to be a true turbo back. I'm still reading and studying on what to do... Thanks for the input.

1 - 13 of 13 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.