Diesel Place banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Well For only having my truck 3 months I think my injectors may be going out. Real low oil pressure, strong diesel/oil smell outside of truck, rough idle/shake at idle like at stop lights, and my oil seems a bit thin, and a little over full. What do you guys think? Know of any decent dealers here in the Valley that I won't have much trouble getting warranty work done, that is if I have a warranty still.
Also. Are we going to have a meet or something next weekend? I think I'm going to the dunes on halloween, that is if my truck is up.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Sorry. Dont know any here. Several in Cali though :D .... Not that that'll help. Might ask Chad, he may know. Your warranty should be good to 09, IF the truck is actual a model year 02.

As for the fuel in the oil, pull the dipstick out and let some oil drop on a paper towel. Let it sit for a minute or two. If it develops a "halo" of lighter colored fluid surrounding darker, you have diesel in the oil. If you can, also have someone check your balance rates. That may give you an idea if somethings wrong.

Mine have something wrong but not like yours. Rough idle, and eating a shitload of coolant. Gonna have to get them fixed.... AGAIN :mad: .... **** gets irritating sometimes.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Damn, I just brought it to hend. buick pont. GMC. I called hend chev and was on hold forever. They are tellin me at gmc that they need to charge me the 100 bucks to diagnose it. Since I guess they can't take my work for it or something. But they did say my injector warranty is still good. Yeah check my oil before coming home from work and it was twice as full as it should be so I figured I better get it in before the Halloween dune trip.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
hey sorry I missed your call Wes, I was getting my other mode up transportation up and running, my bike haha.

·
Registered
5,114 Posts
Damn, I just brought it to hend. buick pont. GMC. I called hend chev and was on hold forever. They are tellin me at gmc that they need to charge me the 100 bucks to diagnose it. Since I guess they can't take my work for it or something. But they did say my injector warranty is still good. Yeah check my oil before coming home from work and it was twice as full as it should be so I figured I better get it in before the Halloween dune trip.
Pay the $100, get it done ASAP. Way cheaper than having to pay out of pocket for em... Hope you get it back by Halloween, I have heard horror stories of more than a few weeks to get injectors replaced.

·
Registered
4,945 Posts
Pay the $100, get it done ASAP. Way cheaper than having to pay out of pocket for em... Hope you get it back by Halloween, I have heard horror stories of more than a few weeks to get injectors replaced.

My last set took about 12 days..... No fun being without a truck for 12 days. Cant work for **** out of a rental car.... :(

Shouldn't be a prob for you if you got a bike.

·
Registered
84 Posts
Discussion Starter · #8 ·
Yeah thats what I figure, if they are gonna warranty it then I can afford the 100. They still haven't called yet, so I think I am gonna call em and see what is going on with it. You going out the the dunes Chad?

1 - 8 of 8 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.