Diesel Place banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Seems a creaky clutch pedal in hot weather is a common issue for us 6-speed owners. My dealer has tried repeatedly to fix it for me, swapping out large assemblies under the dash, and is having no luck. Doesn't GM have a fix for this?

·
Registered
11,646 Posts
Well, I must admit, 6 speed trucks are as rare as snow in TX around here..

I would have to wonder if the noise is actually from the pedal assembly or is it from the clutch it self? There is a pivot at the top of the clutch pedal assembly that could cause a squeak. A quick shot of some lubricant (WD-40 etc) to this should eliminate it for a short bit, if it does, thats likely the noise point. I assume thats the "large assembly" that is being replaced under the dash. I havent heard of a "fix" for these yet, but I will research it and post my findings.

·
Registered
322 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks ... it's most definitely the pedal assembly, no question about that. I've squirted WD40 and various other lubricants at both that upper pivot (can't get to it real well) and the area where the master cylinder plunger meets the pedal (a little better access) with limited success at the latter location only ... for awhile, I was able to temporarily make the noise go away by spraying at that plunger, but lately it's no help, and the downside is that the truck interior smells of WD40 for a few days.

I look forward to hearing any information you can glean out of GM, they *must* have a clue about this issue as common as it is, you'd think they'd come up with something.

·
Registered
336 Posts
I've had my whole pedal assembly replaced. It was fine for awhile, but started squeaking again. In the winter time the noise subsides. I've tried some spray lube, but it has not helped.

·
Registered
347 Posts
Actually, WD40 is not a lubricant, it's a Water Displacer. I use silicone spray lubricant for my clutch and it lasts quite a long time.

Later....

1 - 5 of 5 Posts