Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I'm looking for steps similar to the OEM units that come on the new body Suburban, Silverado and Avalanche. The Nasta 's look good, all stainless and the price is right. I just can't tell from the pictures how they mount. I don't want something that hangs only on the pinch welds and I don't want anything that hangs down/out too far.
Thanks,
Tony

·
Registered
924 Posts
Ive got a set of westins now on my truck.Im fixin to have a set of electric steps put on .When the door opens they come out and when the door closes it goes up under the truck.

·
Registered
419 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
I like the idea of the electric step but $1200.00 is a little steep for me. I like having the step there all the time because they serve as protection from idiots swinging their doors open and the errant shopping cart.

·
Registered
1,079 Posts
See my garage. I have nastas on. They're very strong, haven't bent them offroading yet and they'll support two grown adults standing on each side.

-Chris

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
I just put a set on my truck about 3 (paid $269.00 with free shipping if I remember correctly) weeks ago. They are all stainless (including the mounting hardware) and look good. I had wondered how they would mount on the truck and if any drilling was required. No drilling was required. There are three long cab bolts that come out on each side. There were 6 longer new stainless bolts that replace those. There are brackets that bolt on for the front and back. In the center is a brace that bolts under the step for support in the middle. Didn't take long to put them on and was painless other than when I cut a chunk out of my middle finger on that center brace. Look in my garage for a few pictures.

·
Registered
1,034 Posts
I put a set of nastas on, 5" oval. Everything is stainless, even the brackets. they bolt on the body mounts. I love em! super easy to install, and they look swEEt!

·
Registered
2,641 Posts
BIGR;1574551; said:
Didn't take long to put them on and was painless other than when I cut a chunk out of my middle finger on that center brace. Look in my garage for a few pictures.
What makes you think we want to see pictures of your finger with a chunk missing? ):h

·
Registered
1,518 Posts
STPETEBLUE;1574962; said:
What makes you think we want to see pictures of your finger with a chunk missing? ):h
:funnypost

You know some people get into that kind of stuff..........:D

1 - 8 of 8 Posts