Diesel Place banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I'm considering buying one of the Quadstar OBD2 tunes, but was wondering how much of a difference it could make (stock turbo, 4" exhaust, and I want one of the workhorse tunes). I was also wondering if I order a complete PCM, if I will be able to simply swap the PCM's and go, or if there are any other steps I have to take to make the new PCM work with my truck.

·
Administrator
22,032 Posts
Welcome to DieselPlace

Please tell us a little more about the vehicle ( Make, Model ) and list all mods (y)

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Welcome to DieselPlace

Please tell us a little more about the vehicle ( Make, Model ) and list all mods (y)

It's a 1997 Chevy K3500. Factory turbo + factory style injectors

Mods:
Diamond Eye crossover pipe + 4" straight pipe exhaust
Turbomaster wastegate
Aluminum radiator
Duramax fan + clutch
Vacuum pump delete
Falken Wildpeak AT3W 225/75R16 tires

·
Registered
3 Posts
I've got a similar build pn my 98 K2500.... very similar. You swap the fuel lift pump yet? I just put in an air dog... so good so far.
Curious how your tune goes, if you do it.

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Tune is going to be awesome. Have had them since the beta test days and it wakes the truck up alot and the TRANSMISSION tuning is where it really makes the truck shine.

The stock trans tuning when driving hard makes me straight up angry.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Tune is going to be awesome. Have had them since the beta test days and it wakes the truck up alot and the TRANSMISSION tuning is where it really makes the truck shine.

The stock trans tuning when driving hard makes me straight up angry.
Think it would make a similar difference with a manual transmission? (My 98 6.5ltr K2500 is a stick)

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
Think it would make a similar difference with a manual transmission? (My 98 6.5ltr K2500 is a stick)
Power wise, yes. They get more fuel out of the IP, period, you'll see much more fueling when you need it for power. Fuel economy should stay the same if you are off the loud pedal.

There is just much more benefit for the auto because the factory programming is so bad.

Reactions: kevin.wilkins7

·
Registered
1,689 Posts
When you fill out your mod sheet, they will tune accordingly. Generally the biggest mod you need for a tune is an EGT gauge. You need it to make sure you don't push the engine into dangerous territory and they're likely going to give you more fuel on the tune.

Reactions: kevin.wilkins7
1 - 9 of 9 Posts