Diesel Place banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In this cold weather seeing any SES's ??

Thru a P0101 and P0234 ...

Mass air is brandy spankin new I have two ....

Over boost corrective GM reflash in last year ...I am Wastegated ....

Yes running the Big Combo stack in SIG ...

Mac

·
Registered
53 Posts
Personally I prefer this site. As a Grandfather type who wants to make this great truck last and I don't care how long it takes to get from here to there, I prefer this site. More usefull information if you are not concerned about ET's

Keep up the good work here

·
Registered
958 Posts
How cold? I ran mine when it was about -15 and didn't get any idiot lights.

·
Registered
845 Posts
Nope no lights at all, Havent had an SES since I installed predator(overboost) or AFE, But If I may change this thread a "tad", Anyone notice a big difference in power/performance? Yeah I know Juice dont come on till say 180-185 degrees based on my coolant temp gauge....my truck seems super doogy, especially when running the winter front.

I dont expect an engine to run/feel/drive the same in 60 degree weather or 10 degree weather, but man even when warmed up my trucks sucking nuts. Maybe my tranny is in bad enough shape Juice is limiting the power based on slipping? No one will know. But my pocket books about ready to rip that sob out and throw in some clutches and what not.

Bill

·
Registered
704 Posts
I got my very first 0234 in 10k miles just a few days ago. I have the AFE, and Quad Stealth. I was driving different than normal when it happened. I was on the highway doing 70mph, and went to pass someone. I don't know why I did it, but I wanted to see how much boost I could build at the least throttle. I was suprised to see 22psi at what seemed like only 1/2 throttle. Then came the SES lite.

I haven't tried this again to see if I can repeat the code. No big deal really. It ran great before and after the SES. I just don't like looking at it.

·
Registered
464 Posts
ChevyHD, I feel exactly the same way!! I have an old 90hp juice and a K&N, but man is it slow when its cold out. I am also running the winter front. Engine fully warmed up and still feels slow. Sometimes it feels like it gets stronger but for the most part it is very weak. I even just changed the fuel filter (10k on it) just to make sure, but no change. I know nothing is wrong but it is an annoyance none the less.

Jason

·
Registered
12,262 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My truck runs like a bear in this cold weather .... Just gotta LIL problem to solve ....

Mac

·
Registered
1,124 Posts
I just love your latest edition to your sig Mack.

Nothing like cause a Firestorm

You guys are way ahead of me. I'm going to take baby steps on the Mods. Start with gauges and a uni and go from there.

I am working on the Boss to let me get an edge. Based on how I'm going to use the truck, I don't think an attitude will help.

Plus, she wasn't real thrilled about buying more toys for the baby.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts