Diesel Place banner

1 - 12 of 12 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anyone have a problem overheating, or did the revamped cooling system solve the problem?

I'm looking at a used '06 with the LLY.

Thanks,
Steve
St. George, UT

·
Registered
353 Posts
Water temp stayed below 200 and tranny around 150 scaling in at 36,000lbs for 140 miles. I haven't towed any farther but I think if it was to overheat it should have.

·
Registered
1,537 Posts
May hasn't happened yet.

Jim

·
Registered
1,238 Posts
Water temp stayed below 200 and tranny around 150 scaling in at 36,000lbs for 140 miles. I haven't towed any farther but I think if it was to overheat it should have.
36k gross combined WTF I would never have thought the truck could pull 30k. Thats double the rating. Impressive

·
Registered
161 Posts
Mine is great. When im really running it water temp stays about 204 or so. I towed about 13000, with alot of wind resistance, about 250mi at 78mph in 92 degree heat asnd it still stayed at 204.

·
Registered
468 Posts
Only towed once a little over 100 miles but I went up at least one 9% grade and mine did fine. Temp gage hardly went up from where it normally would be empty.

·
Registered
498 Posts
Mine runs so cool that it does not warm up int the winter without the winter cover on. (running empty).

Just to clarify that is during my 17 mile commute to work mostly freeway.

·
Registered
146 Posts
I'm only pulling about 16k but no problems and pulls about 600 miles not temp problems...

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
Great, thanks for the feedback guys! Now if I can close the deal.

Steve

·
Registered
1,241 Posts
I have overheated the tranny pretty good (250 degrees). I was out on the sand at the time (see my avatar). I am going to a bigger pan and will probably look at other cooling options to prevent it from happening again.

·
Registered
10,556 Posts
I have overheated the tranny pretty good (250 degrees). I was out on the sand at the time (see my avatar). I am going to a bigger pan and will probably look at other cooling options to prevent it from happening again.
MikeL was rumored to be working on a bigger tranny cooler for the 06.

·
Registered
105 Posts
No overheating while towing with mine. Since it's winter, I haven't towed when the ambient temperature was above 55º however.

1 - 12 of 12 Posts